Banned | Posts: 78 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Dec 2010
Originally Posted by lma View Post
How long is a piece of string? Which is the "finest" desktop/laptop/server CPU? No one can answer that question if you don't specify your criteria.
Which is the fastest, most powerful in graphical processing? I don't care for battery usage though.

Posts: 463 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Mumbai, India
On paper atleast the ST-Ericsson one seems like the most powerful of the lot....

just click on this link and u will find the information about the which one is best r not

http://androidandme.com/2011/03/news...-with-tegra-2/

Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
The ST Ericsson kicks as*es, it really seems a tough challenge, better than the Tegra according to the spec sheets.

The Following User Says Thank You to ammyt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 463 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Mumbai, India
@ ammyt

Totally agree with u bro but some still say the Mali 400 GPU is not that great compared to the PowerVR..Is that true? Can someone clarify this?

Originally Posted by funkmunk View Post
@ ammyt

Totally agree with u bro but some still say the Mali 400 GPU is not that great compared to the PowerVR..Is that true? Can someone clarify this?
I think yes, and I agree too. But the quad-core GPU is apealing shmexy to me and many users.
The PowerVR SGX543 is claimed to be more powerful x20? times to the mali 400.

Last edited by ammyt; 2011-03-17 at 17:56.

I was wondering this today too. In all probability the iPhone 5 will be running the same CPU/GPU as the iPad 2, which will probably be the dual core A5 chip with a PowerVR SGX543 (perhaps in dual configuration). Last year the Samsung used the same chip as the iPhone 4 but a PowerVR SGX540 instead of the iPhone 4's SGX535 so it was a bit more powerful.

This year it's a bit different since Samsung has decided to go with the ARM Mali (in some sort of multicore setup) which no one has any experience with really. Maybe apple has bought so much of samsung's chip that it left none for samsung themselves to actually use in their galaxy 2 lol.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4177/s...00-benchmarked
Looks that the Lg Optimus 2x wins with its Tegra II and Gingerbread.
I'm back from where I came, lol.
At first I thought that the Tegra II rules, then the Mali 400 jumped up with its quad core innovation so I followed it, then I remembered the good old SGX543, the monster, but then this test brought me back to thinking that the Tegra II wins.

Originally Posted by XxJacobxX View Post
Which is the fastest, most powerful in graphical processing? I don't care for battery usage though.
Given those requirements, I'd be looking at AMD.

So the battle is settled now as the following:
PowerVR SGX543 VS. nVidia Tegra II
The winner is the best. Period.