Active Topics

Notices

I don't like this new one. It seems not ergonomic. I stay with the previosu version.

@gionni88

Thank's for adding the possibility to name of saved stations. After the update I had to search and save again the radio stations, because they was lost, but no problem.

To listen the radio trought the speakers it is still necessary to copy the script posted in the first page of this treath or is this now implementated in qradio and doesnt'work only on my device?

@delmar: yes, I have chosen not to keep the saved stations since you can't rename the names within the app yet. No more needed to copy the script in first post, but still if you need higher volume you have to manually edit it. On my device it works without any need to edit it.

Here there is the binary for a portrait only version. Landscape one attached aswell to restore it without reinstalling.

Replace the binary file at /opt/qradio and be sure it has executive permissions set.
Attached Files
File Type: zip qradioPORTRAIT.zip (54.6 KB, 86 views)
File Type: zip qradioLANDSCAPE.zip (45.2 KB, 88 views)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gionni88 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 127 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Jamaica
Thanks for this update, now i can use qradio as my stand alone radio app. a question tho, why did you include those four preset frequency below the main one? they do not seem to be needed.

@ mrwormp: those are quickaccess buttons I got requested. Hold your finger for 1sec and they get the current freq, short tap and you go to the shown freq.

The Following User Says Thank You to gionni88 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 127 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Jamaica
Ok so after playing with the quickaccess buttons I now realise that it is quiet useful especially when you have a lot of saved stations. keep up the good work gionni88

The Following User Says Thank You to mrwormp For This Useful Post:
Ok i used both the versions & i still found your Original one more Appealing...
but its not about that... i have noticed(in both versions) that when ever their is a sound-event like sms or E-mail alert... the radio switches off and we hear microphone instead...
also when their is heavy load on Cpu, fm turns off and we have to restart the app... tho its not a big issue for me... but what i did was trying to Record Fm with "Audacity" running in maemo via "Debbie command"... it was recording nicely but i have to reduce the sample rate to 8000~Hz... but the Cpu load thing occurred and it stopped...
So my question is "is it possible to record fm internally in Qradio only"

P.s. - pls don't mind but wont it be nice to generate two icons named Qradio-basic & Qradio.. and have both the interfaces within a single install..

Thanks for The Great Work

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Veska, Czech Rep.
First, thanks for this new version, I really like the new interface.
But I've just experienced a little glitch - I was listening radio when a new e-mail came, so phone played notification sound. After that the radio got muted (but I can still hear it a little in the background) and now I can hear myself from the microphone ;-) So it's like some kind of "karaoke" mode ;-)
Stop/Start radio from menu fixes this.

By the way, can you add a separate font settings for frequency display and the rest of the UI, so I can set digital font for frequency and normal font for the rest, just as you have it on your screen shot on previous page?

Thanks

Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
This program stopped working for me after a recent CSSU update. Anybody else having the same problem?

It's bug with the latest QT. Most of the QT apps have compatibility issues with the latest one which comes with cssu.