Posts: 305 | Thanked: 154 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ Colorado
I use NoteCase all the time -- on the N800. It's the best note-keeping program I have found so far. it isn't "read only." It allows RTF. The N800 soft keyboards work normally.

I keep the list (tree) of items on so that I can quickly access my random notes. Accessing a note takes <0.1 sec. I use it for storing/encrypting passwords, storing random lists or bits of information and for accessing business card scans. It exports to txt or html.

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by BruceL View Post
I use NoteCase all the time -- on the N800. It's the best note-keeping program I have found so far. it isn't "read only." It allows RTF. The N800 soft keyboards work normally.

I keep the list (tree) of items on so that I can quickly access my random notes. Accessing a note takes <0.1 sec. I use it for storing/encrypting passwords, storing random lists or bits of information and for accessing business card scans. It exports to txt or html.
It didn't do anything at all on my N800, except sitting there and eating CPU cycles. No amount of tapping, thumbing or, indeed, cursing would bring up any text entry device. I threw the thing off -- it was either that or throw my tablet against the nearest wall -- but I'm willing to give it one more go.

And it really says "read only" on the author's site, in the "news" section, where it mentions the N800 release. BTW, I downloaded the 1.7.2 version, which is mainly the reason why I got angry. A release with that version number should "just work". Period.

Posts: 332 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ St. Augustine, Trinidad and Tobago
Originally Posted by heron61 View Post
Does this program work with RTF files? At bare minimum, what I need is a program where I can read, write and edit RTF files.
In truth it does, since an RTF file is just a text file with tags in it. So you could edit the text, but not be able to see the effect of formatting. And it'd be very easy to muck up the formatting. I would only take this approach in an emergency.

So, in essence it doesn't, and you are probably better off with summat like Abiword.

Oh for the word processor on my old Psion 5mx.
  • two magic OTG USB adapters
  • crossed fingers

Posts: 370 | Thanked: 443 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Italy
Originally Posted by Karel Jansens View Post
It didn't do anything at all on my N800, except sitting there and eating CPU cycles. No amount of tapping, thumbing or, indeed, cursing would bring up any text entry device. I threw the thing off -- it was either that or throw my tablet against the nearest wall -- but I'm willing to give it one more go.

And it really says "read only" on the author's site, in the "news" section, where it mentions the N800 release. BTW, I downloaded the 1.7.2 version, which is mainly the reason why I got angry. A release with that version number should "just work". Period.
Hi Karel,

(informal greetings because you are one of the oldest member here, heh!)

i can confirm notecase to be working perfectly for me, too! Did you create a first node? i.e. open a menu and choose new node, then start typing...

My treelist is fully populated and i use it both on my desktop and my 770, OS2007HE. And IMHO the 1.7.2 version 'just works', as 1.6.9 did

Originally Posted by Karel Jansens View Post
<insert_non-existent_sarcasm_smiley>
This one says (in the tooltip):
Title: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic)

That what you're after?

Posts: 204 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by clach04 View Post
Notecase http://notecase.sourceforge.net/ doesn't appear to support text files, it looks like it shoves all notes into one big (binary) file which I think was what Dormant by txt files.
Chris
It ex- and imports txt (and simple html).

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by jurop88 View Post
Hi Karel,

(informal greetings because you are one of the oldest member here, heh!)

i can confirm notecase to be working perfectly for me, too! Did you create a first node? i.e. open a menu and choose new node, then start typing...

My treelist is fully populated and i use it both on my desktop and my 770, OS2007HE. And IMHO the 1.7.2 version 'just works', as 1.6.9 did
I tried lots of things, and finally found out what was the problem: For some reason NoteCase had decided it wanted to save its file in /home/user, but then couldn't write to that directory. I had to manually type /media/mmc2/notecase (A directory I prepared earlier) as the destination. After that, it now works. But thanks for the help.

Oh, and as one of the elder members, you can address me correctly as "Your Excellent Bodaciousness".

Originally Posted by Benson View Post
This one says (in the tooltip):
Title: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic)

That what you're after?
I dunno. Something like Comic Book Guy?

There is a patch for AbiWord for Maemo Chinook (2008). I have yet to test it to see if it works well - there are some modifications to it to be made before an official release. Hopefully I will have some free time soon to poke at this - I am getting an N810 as soon as I can use my maemo device code, so that should help in the testing.
AbiWord on Maemo beta now available - contact me to help fix bugs!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to megabyte405 For This Useful Post:
Has anyone got Notecase or Abiword to work on os 2008 yet?