I heard maemo 6 will be released before Meego. Anybody heard anything about this? Or is it just a rumour like the rest of the crap thats been said. Will Maemo 6 even be available for the N900, as an update? It's a very odd move by Nokia as I don't see the point, they have Windows Phone for the mainstream crowd, and Meego for those that like there freedom, but why Maemo now? Supposedly the API will be compatible with Meego 1.2. if you want the source just pop maemo 6 in google news. the sites don't seem that well known so it could be like the 1.4 rumour

I heard Google search was released from beta in 1999.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Reffyyyy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 193 | Thanked: 201 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Subotica, Serbia
Nothing official. Just from my memory what I remember reading somewhere.

As I know Maemo 6 aka Harmattan will be released, only marketing is calling it MeeGo. It still good old Maemo under the hood... with deb and other things.
It will be compatible with MeeGo, but you'll have to work around things if you want to install things from the MeeGo repositories.
It should come out by the end of this year... and as it looks like it will be the stepchild of Nokia, just like the N900 was...
Will it be available for the N900... will have to wait and see.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
maemo 6 meego half meego 3/4 meego win7 and then maemo 6 again ... I have heard it all and can inform you about something. Noone knows including nokia. So wait and see...

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by mmlado View Post

As I know Maemo 6 aka Harmattan will be released, only marketing is calling it MeeGo. It still good old Maemo under the hood... with deb and other things.
It will be compatible with MeeGo, but you'll have to work around things if you want to install things from the MeeGo repositories.
It should come out by the end of this year... and as it looks like it will be the stepchild of Nokia, just like the N900 was...
Hate to spoil your hopes but by the end of this year the N900 will be well and truly buried by Nokia as they will have moved on to newer hardware all round than the N900 has.

No such thing that i am aware of Maemo 6 and i am sure many will say the same, even Nokia !.

Have to rely on this community i sadly say as Nokia has already proven that there is currently nil support for our N900.

Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Hate to spoil your hopes but by the end of this year the N900 will be well and truly buried by Nokia as they will have moved on to newer hardware all round than the N900 has.

No such thing that i am aware of Maemo 6 and i am sure many will say the same, even Nokia !.

Have to rely on this community i sadly say as Nokia has already proven that there is currently nil support for our N900.
Would you like some cheese with your whine? =)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jnack95 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 565 | Thanked: 618 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by mmlado View Post

It's pretty official, even Nokia said so.

Originally Posted by jnack95 View Post
Would you like some cheese with your whine? =)
Tell you what, you please give me some source to Maemo 6 in any way or form apart from it being a nick for Harmattan and that is before you find Maemo 6 for the N900 links lol and i will gladly crack open a bottle of wine... hows that?.

Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Nokia has already proven that there is currently nil support for our N900.
Yeah, it's not like they're releasing a Nokia-developed version of MeeGo for the N900 or anything.

Oh, wait...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glassflag For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by glassflag View Post
Yeah, it's not like they're releasing a Nokia-developed version of MeeGo for the N900 or anything.

Oh, wait...
Don't hold your breath lol.

Tags
elop kiss my, natural black, welcome to, yesterday