Notices

Posts: 194 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bristol, UK
... *sighs* ... finally thought I'd got witter to accept me (Typing the pin then tweeting as for some reason this usually stabilises witter keeping my account active) ... no such luck, on closing & re-opening my account's disappeared again ...

... I have a feeling at least some of my problems authorising witter may be twitter "fail whale" type moments ... while the initial twitter page asking me tol allow or deny access appears quickly the page with the code takes it's time and often doesn't apper untill I've re-clicked allow (something I guess I shouldn't do!) ... are twitter & witter interacting at this time, or is this just a twitter issue?

Very glad I'm not the only one having issues with the GPS & new UI ... should be easier on start-up to have GPS as optional rather than required! ... and nice to know that I'm not the only one who can't find/misses full screen mode!

Posts: 908 | Thanked: 501 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ West Sussex, England
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
I loved Witter for a long time but abandoned it because I couldn't stand it any more. I'll give it another shot. So far as I can tell, my N900 has no good Twitter client at present -- even Twimgo and Tweego seem to be gone.

Edit: Not usable, at first glance. No saved searches, slow and clumsy, and it closed itself while I was using it. I'll keep trying.
Twimgo is still around and being developed. I uninstalled Witter and use TwimGo exclusively, much nicer experience

The Following User Says Thank You to richwhite For This Useful Post:
Posts: 32 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Edit: Not usable, at first glance. No saved searches, slow and clumsy, and it closed itself while I was using it. I'll keep trying.
Myself and wreckgar23 are working to improve witter. I'm sorry its not working for you.

As for the saved searches I'm working on getting them working for the next release.

I'm hoping have something into at least extras-devel this weekend for initial testing on my N900.

If all goes well we can get something into testing quickly.

Originally Posted by EmmaGx View Post
... *sighs* ... finally thought I'd got witter to accept me (Typing the pin then tweeting as for some reason this usually stabilises witter keeping my account active) ... no such luck, on closing & re-opening my account's disappeared again ...
Thats very odd. I'll try and do a full removal of witter over the weekend and reinstall and see if I get the same problems.

Originally Posted by EmmaGx View Post
Very glad I'm not the only one having issues with the GPS & new UI ... should be easier on start-up to have GPS as optional rather than required! ... and nice to know that I'm not the only one who can't find/misses full screen mode!
Yeah I didn't like the default for location being on so I've changed it to default to off. This should be active in the next release. I don't know what happened to the fullscreen mode, I'll have to look through the code and see where it went. It hasn't ever been in this version. I personally never used it so I didn't notice it going.

The Following User Says Thank You to SpandexBob For This Useful Post:
Posts: 194 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bristol, UK
Originally Posted by SpandexBob View Post
Thats very odd. I'll try and do a full removal of witter over the weekend and reinstall and see if I get the same problems.

Yeah I didn't like the default for location being on so I've changed it to default to off. This should be active in the next release. I don't know what happened to the fullscreen mode, I'll have to look through the code and see where it went. It hasn't ever been in this version. I personally never used it so I didn't notice it going.
... full screen was one of the most useful features in witter, it gave so much more screen space! ... hope you manage to find it without too much trouble!

... the other thing I have always noticed about witter, is that my @replies only appeared to download when I started witter ... never did seem to get any while it was running!

... still having no luck authorising witter ... but not lost hope just yet! ... thanks for putting time into this! x

I managed to break the extras-devel version last night. I've fixed the problem and witter is now back working if you are running from extras-devel. Look out for 0.3.8-5 coming down the pipe.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
The newest version is a spectacular improvement!

The number of saved searches seems to be limited, unfortunately.

There doesn't seem to be a way of CREATING a saved search from within witter.

There is a new version of witter in the extras-devel repositories. At least one person has noticed a problem with it. I can't recreate the issue. I'm wondering if anyone else is running from devel and noticing any issues?

Unfortunately at the moment witter is not usable for me anymore.

It took me ages to get it working - eventually did that by deleting the .witter files. Once I got it started and did the oauth it then seemed very slow to get the tweets back. And once I closed the app it still remained running in the background - and asking for a internet/wifi connection every few minutes.

Originally Posted by ikirk View Post
Unfortunately at the moment witter is not usable for me anymore.

It took me ages to get it working - eventually did that by deleting the .witter files. Once I got it started and did the oauth it then seemed very slow to get the tweets back. And once I closed the app it still remained running in the background - and asking for a internet/wifi connection every few minutes.
Sorry to hear that its not useable for you. Which version of witter were you using?

Tags
python, twitter