Active Topics

When will this make the community SSU for all us novices? Im still at 5.2010.33-1
Pressing update is so much easier than all the steps on page 1

Last edited by migs; 2011-04-02 at 18:48.

Originally Posted by maacruz View Post
The initfs partition is mounted read-only, you have to mount it rw to change anything:
"mount -o remount,rw /mnt/initfs" and when you are done "mount -o remount,ro /mnt/initfs"
Success! Thank you all for your help. This was my first time posting and I'm impressed with the knowledge and activity of this community. Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to Jimcz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
OK, stupid questions but I can't figure them out before trying to install ...

Do you need to install Diablo/Community SSU before (or, for that matter, after) installing Diablo Turbo?

If you're running your system off an SD Card (dual booting), can you just install Diablo Turbo directly into the SD-based OS?

If you have to install it on the internal flash memory (i.e., not on a card), or you do install it there even if you don't have to, does it positively impact the N8x0's performance when you run the SD-based OS?

Thanks!

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Boone, IA
Originally Posted by GeraldKo View Post
OK, stupid questions but I can't figure them out before trying to install ...

Do you need to install Diablo/Community SSU before (or, for that matter, after) installing Diablo Turbo?
Per the first post in this thread....Install the SSU before DIablo Turbo (Assuming, due to the order of the install instructions at the end of the post...)

If you're running your system off an SD Card (dual booting), can you just install Diablo Turbo directly into the SD-based OS?
YES, My N800 has a stock Diablo install on the internal flash, with the Community SSU/Diablo Turbo on the SD Boot. (only time I boot to flash is to clone the Internal card ->External card for backups)

If you have to install it on the internal flash memory (i.e., not on a card), or you do install it there even if you don't have to, does it positively impact the N8x0's performance when you run the SD-based OS?

Thanks!
Hmmmm don't know this one

Good luck!

Sno

N800 (retired...soon to eBay)
Favorite Apps: CommunitySSU,DiabloTurbo, Flipclock, Keepnote, Dialcentral, Gizmo5 ,MediaBox/pyFMradio, Telescope,Diablo5 theme, Tear, Personal Menu/Launcher, OMWeather,Blubbels, Advanced Power/Backlight...now to play with Garnet6...

Last edited by Snoshrk; 2011-04-02 at 20:34. Reason: typos

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snoshrk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
The kernel is shared between both systems

The Following User Says Thank You to maacruz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Hiya Mac.

Any clue yet as to why Xbindkeys doesn't seem to take like it used to before Diablo Turbo?

I have this set up for the file /home/user/.xbindkeysrc

"/usr/bin/prevw"
F7

In that prevw file is this...
xte 'keydown Control_L' 'key r' 'keyup Control_L'

This produces a CTRL-r signal to be used with Dial Central. Basically it's a hardware key to refresh for all incoming text messages.

It barely works like before.

My hardware keys responded 100% of the time before installing Diablo Turbo.

Now, I seriously will have to press the hardware key like 10 times before it will do anything.

I'm actually thinking of reflashing my tablet tomorrow because of this.

Any ideas on why the change in behavior?

Oh, and without running Xbindkeys, the hardware keys work 100% of the time in such things as Tear and Xterm.

Thank you!

Originally Posted by Addison View Post
Hiya Mac.

Any clue yet as to why Xbindkeys doesn't seem to take like it used to before Diablo Turbo?

I have this set up for the file /home/user/.xbindkeysrc

"/usr/bin/prevw"
F7

In that prevw file is this...
xte 'keydown Control_L' 'key r' 'keyup Control_L'

This produces a CTRL-r signal to be used with Dial Central. Basically it's a hardware key to refresh for all incoming text messages.

It barely works like before.

My hardware keys responded 100% of the time before installing Diablo Turbo.

Now, I seriously will have to press the hardware key like 10 times before it will do anything.

I'm actually thinking of reflashing my tablet tomorrow because of this.

Any ideas on why the change in behavior?

Oh, and without running Xbindkeys, the hardware keys work 100% of the time in such things as Tear and Xterm.

Thank you!
I've been unable to reproduce that problem, and the fact that tear and xterm show no problem means that the keys are working, and suggest that the problem is with xbindkeys.
What xbindkeys release are you using? A while ago I uploaded xbindkeys to extras-devel as a support package for snx, are you using the extras-devel package or is it from somewhere else?

Originally Posted by heavyt View Post
Yes I do. A bummer because Boingomobile is needed when I am on the road plus I am paying for the service.
I have found the problem with boingomobile, it makes improper use of the session bus.
I have uploaded new dbus packages with the fix. You only need to update if you need boingomobile.

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
This is the one I'm using Mac.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Xbindkeys.zip (12.5 KB, 113 views)

Originally Posted by Addison View Post
This is the one I'm using Mac.
Please, delete your version and try "apt-get install xbindkeys" first (with extras-devel enabled), restart xbindkeys and check if the problem is still there.

Last edited by maacruz; 2011-04-04 at 19:01.

Tags
chinook, diablo, new life, os2008