Active Topics

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Haha! just made my first call using Meego, even though it is running from a really crappy class 4 card I have to say I am surprise how fast the response is. Once stuff is in the RAM, everything feels very fluid. There were no sound artefacts or stutters, I could hear everything clearly, with good quality. Also the UI was responsive throughout my call and switches from internal speakers to loudspeakers and back where near instant.

I also tested sending and receiving text messages which worked like a charm.

now I am really looking forward to the final release of the DE for N900 as I won't need any of the Nokia branded applications (never really used apps like Ovi maps. anyway...)

great work Stskeeps and all the others working on the adaptation!

The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 310 | Thanked: 202 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Ireland
Just out of interest, who is lolloo?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to king Ralphred For This Useful Post:
Posts: 565 | Thanked: 618 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
My both computers are giving me this:
Code:
[root@laasonen-desktop Desktop]# ./flasher-3.5 -l -k meego-handset-armv7l-n900-*-vmlinuz-*-n900 -b
flasher v2.5.2 (Oct 21 2009)

Suitable USB device not found, waiting.
Unable to enumerate USB buses!
[root@laasonen-desktop Desktop]

Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
Originally Posted by rapante View Post
Haha! just made my first call using Meego, even though it is running from a really crappy class 4 card I have to say I am surprise how fast the response is. Once stuff is in the RAM, everything feels very fluid. There were no sound artefacts or stutters, I could hear everything clearly, with good quality. Also the UI was responsive throughout my call and switches from internal speakers to loudspeakers and back where near instant.

I also tested sending and receiving text messages which worked like a charm.

now I am really looking forward to the final release of the DE for N900 as I won't need any of the Nokia branded applications (never really used apps like Ovi maps. anyway...)

great work Stskeeps and all the others working on the adaptation!
Is your N900 overclocked at all mate?

Originally Posted by JamesBond@ge View Post
Is your N900 overclocked at all mate?
nope, everything's default - out of the box. it is like maxximuscool says in his video, once the ram is full or when it does have to load stuff from my slow sdhc it takes a while.

But not THAT long when I compare it to Maemo in times when it is an annoying little brat and decides to do nothing at all - you know that "I pressed a button 10 seconds ago and there's still no reaction" kind of acting up

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 179 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
If you backport the kernel drivers and parts of DSS2, maybe. I really tried to backport them and I didn't succeed - .28 vs .37 is really a jump
I doubt my programming knowledge allows me to do that Maybe someone out there....

The question that comes to my mind right now is... what about running the .37 on the N900? Is that possible?

Thanks for your answers Stskeeps

Regards

PS: I made a search and found http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ghlight=2.6.37

It seems quite complicated :S

Last edited by damnshock; 2011-04-03 at 11:53.

Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
Originally Posted by rapante View Post
nope, everything's default - out of the box. it is like maxximuscool says in his video, once the ram is full or when it does have to load stuff from my slow sdhc it takes a while.

But not THAT long when I compare it to Maemo in times when it is an annoying little brat and decides to do nothing at all - you know that "I pressed a button 10 seconds ago and there's still no reaction" kind of acting up
Great. Same as mine. I don''t realy want to overclock mine either.

Might give this a go!

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
@damnshock, IIRC, the hardware adaptation of MeeGo for the N900 does already run 2.6.37. He was talking about running the .37 kernel on Maemo 5.

Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
If you backport the kernel drivers and parts of DSS2, maybe. I really tried to backport them and I didn't succeed - .28 vs .37 is really a jump
Mght be an idea to ask the Titan if he can look into this, He is the maker of the Power Kernel and im sure he has some of the most knowledge of the N900 kernels,

He might be able to include the newer kernel in his next update for power kernel.

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Minor note to the MeeGo Wiki about installing Developer-edition on Mac. Before running dd it seems to be required, that the partition in the SD must be ejected first. Not the card itself, only the partition (or partitions). Otherwise one will get "dd: /dev/diskX: Resource busy".

Tags
noobs free, ruining meego