Notices

Originally Posted by Serge View Post
Did OSD work with .18? Does this file fail to play with .21 if you don't touch OSD level settings?
The two files I tried played fine with both .18 and .21, and the OSD level selection worked in .18 without any problems.
Here the whole error-message:
Code:
mplayer[2315]: GLIB ERROR ** GLib - gmem.c:135: failed to allocate 147456 bytes
aborting...

MPlayer interrupted by signal 6 in module: decode_video
- MPlayer crashed. This shouldn't happen.
  It can be a bug in the MPlayer code _or_ in your drivers _or_ in your
  gcc version. If you think it's MPlayer's fault, please read
  DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports.html and follow the instructions there. We can't and
  won't help unless you provide this information when reporting a possible bug.

(process:2315): GStreamer-WARNING (recursed) **: trying to join task 0x592008 from its thread would deadlock
aborting...

MPlayer interrupted by signal 6 in module: uninit_ao
Segmentation fault

Last edited by Nikem; 2007-11-21 at 14:35.

The Following User Says Thank You to Nikem For This Useful Post:
Posts: 874 | Thanked: 316 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ London UK
Serge

To gLobster, Rebski: please also add device type information and OS version to your reports.
I am sorry, OS2008/N800, there is a similar thread on the 2008 OS Forum and I forgot that I was posting elsewhere.

My particular issue relates to the sound and I look forward to future releases.

Thanks for all the great work.

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ UK
Originally Posted by gLobster View Post
I try play video file was made by Nokia Video converter. Not played.
The output from ITVC are MP4 files, rather than DivX/Xvid. Perhaps Serge could comment on how well these are expected to work? I suspect the target for the ITVC authors was the built-in Media Player.

Posts: 503 | Thanked: 267 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by Nikem View Post
The two files I tried played fine with both .18 and .21, and the OSD level selection worked in .18 without any problems.
Thank you very much for reporting. It turned out that -O3 optimization setting triggers compiler bug. Build .18 used -O2 optimization (as it was benchmarked to be faster at that time). Build .21 had optimization settings changed (back) to -O3 as motion compensation code was optimized for size and -O3 started providing positive performance effect. But if we take OSD bug into account, -O2 is clearly the winner now. The next build most likely will have working OSD. But changing optimization option still does not help with #763

I wonder how I missed this optimization option when I was analyzing bug #254, I'm almost sure I tried different optimization settings at that time. Well, nevermind, let's hope it will not show up again

With this additional details, it should be possible (though it can take a lot of time) to pinpoint the problem and find the problematic part of code by splitting code into pieces and compiling them with different optimization options. But I wonder if gcc developers or anyone else is interested in a bugreport against old version of gcc when more recent gcc seems to be ok?

Here the whole error-message:
Code:
mplayer[2315]: GLIB ERROR ** GLib - gmem.c:135: failed to allocate 147456 bytes
aborting...
(process:2315): GStreamer-WARNING (recursed) **: trying to join task 0x592008 from its thread would deadlock
aborting...
MPlayer interrupted by signal 6 in module: uninit_ao
Segmentation fault
This message is generated by gstreamer after it was not feeded with get audio data in time. This problem is a consequence of mplayer deadlock, but not its cause.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Serge For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by aflegg View Post
The output from ITVC are MP4 files, rather than DivX/Xvid. Perhaps Serge could comment on how well these are expected to work? I suspect the target for the ITVC authors was the built-in Media Player.
I think the problem here is the audio format being used by ITVC - AAC - isn't well supported by mplayer (see this post).

Last edited by Milhouse; 2007-11-21 at 23:19.

Perhaps an opportunity for someone to implement a similar link to the DSP codec for AAC as Serge did for MP3.

Serge's MP3 link code is available as is the ARM-side gstreamer dsksink code for both MP3 and AAC.

Posts: 503 | Thanked: 267 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Helsinki
Just a short notice as I don't have much time at the moment: a new release mplayer_1.0rc1-maemo.22 has been uploaded to extras-devel repository. It fixes (most of) the issues reported here. I'll provide more information a bit later and will reply to some posts. Thanks to everyone who is taking part in testing these new mplayer releases, your feedback is very much appreciated.

From a newbie...

I tried to update from the application manager and it told me that it needs some packages from other sources... then I tried to install the new release (22) manually from the .deb file and it tells me that it needs:

libmad0 (>=0.15.1b)
libogg0 (>=1.1.3)
libtheora0

I also tried hunting for these files from the repository but can't install them because it says something like is not meant for 2008.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks...

Originally Posted by Crussader View Post

I tried to update from the application manager and it told me that it needs some packages from other sources...
Sounds strange. I uploaded mplayer and libraries to all -devel repositories.
Which repository did you use?

Posts: 874 | Thanked: 316 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ London UK
OS2008/N800
Wow, that was quick! I updated to .22 today and the sound issue on that particular file is fixed.

Not only that but the video aspect plays better then even. I had attributed its previous slight motion hesitation to an encoding glitch but it is completely cleared up now.

Thank you.