Active Topics

Originally Posted by activemind View Post
Tried it in my E63 and it works fine. I can switch between the two with the special Menu Icon that shows up and interestingly both the sims had 3G symbol on. Tried calling each one of them through my landline, and it works.
Next put it in my n900. Sim 1 comes up fine and I can make and receive calls, but I cannot switch to SIM 2.
tried 2, Talk - > Requesting - Invalid
tried 002, Talk - It tries to dial that number and the dial fails.

So how do I switch ?
I'm having the same issue using Magicsim 26th version. I saved the contacts 001 (w/ # 001) and 002 (w/ # 002) to each of the sim cards first. Then I activated 007 mode using an old Motorola phone and can successfully switch sims on the Motorola by dialing 001 dial+hangup or 002 dial+hangup.

When using the n900, sim-1 works correctly (can make and receive calls) but dialing 002 dial+hangup does nothing. If I switch the sims, the other one also works correctly (can make and receive calls) but I still cannot switch.

Anyone have experience with this issue? Any steps I missed?

Posts: 200 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ São Paulo - Brasil
Not with me...I´ve been using it for months now, working flawlessly.
I set it up using an N95 and then I just 001 and 002 to switch between lines. And do not forget to set the 007 mode.

Originally Posted by rmarcus View Post
Not with me...I´ve been using it for months now, working flawlessly.
I set it up using an N95 and then I just 001 and 002 to switch between lines. And do not forget to set the 007 mode.

Ok thanks for the response, I'm pretty sure 007 mode is set since it works in the Motorola phone. Not sure what else could be wrong.

Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
At first try to disable PIN request only for one SIM (the second) and see, if You can change from first to that second SIM with James Bond method!
If that works: Heureka.

Now try to switch back with James Bond to the first SIM (with PIN code request). I am pretty sure, this will not work...
Now open a xterm (rootsh required) and type
sudo killall csd
This should bring up the PIN request for the first SIM, touch in Your PIN and another Heureka.

Choose, which method You prefer.

disclaimer:
this works for me with an adapter GDSI3G with similar switching method (11* or 22*)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
hi there.

and the adapter works with full hsdpa speed?

i will try your solution for my magicsim 26th, but i ve got no hope.

no chance with the 26 th

REAL GOOD WORK PETERLEINCHEN

i bought the GDSI3G (amazon), and it works perfectly also with 3.5G!!!!

many many thanks!

i need the sudo killall csd for switching from sim2 to sim1... but WHO CARES it works!

Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
OK.
Perfect
I also intended to by a 26th, but so I will stay with g-telware and buy another GDI3SG.

I just found, that You do not need to killall csd, which sometimes lead our gadget to confusion and it will not open internet connection via GPRS anymore...

But we can use a small script like
Code:
sudo ifconfig phonet0 down
sleep 5
sudo ifconfig phonet0 up
Not yet tested 100%, but nearly 99%. Maybe the time for sleep has to be increased. If it does not work, just call the script again.

Cheers

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:

i found a second dualsim adapter:

magicsim 28th (watch out the 26th does NOT work).

it works better than the GDI3SG, because you dont need to use terminal commands. i will test the adapter a few more days and will tell you my experiance.

HEUREKA!!!!!!!!!!

you can switch with the 007 mode (002 for switching from sim1 to
sim2, and 001 from sim2 to sim1)

it works also fine with 3.5G and pin

The Following User Says Thank You to awben For This Useful Post:
Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
Originally Posted by awben View Post

i found a second dualsim adapter:

magicsim 28th (watch out the 26th does NOT work).

it works better than the GDI3SG, because you dont need to use terminal commands. i will test the adapter a few more days and will tell you my experiance.

HEUREKA!!!!!!!!!!

you can switch with the 007 mode (002 for switching from sim1 to
sim2, and 001 from sim2 to sim1)

it works also fine with 3.5G and pin

Really? I got a 28th gen magicsim a few weeks ago and couldn't get it to work properly. Which version did you get, the one that requires you to cut your SIMs or the one that lets you use them unaltered?

I got the cutting version and my SIMs are one O2 (UK) PAYG and one Three (UK) contract data SIM. I put it into 007 mode with the O2 SIM active then switched it to my N900, it comes on ok then I try to switch to the Three SIM, but my N900 doesn't seem to register it even after switching it off and on again. If I move the magicsim to my Three MiFi with the Three SIM active it will work in that, but not my N900. Unfortunately my N900 is the only phone I have that I can use the Three SIM in, so I can't properly test it in another phone.