Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 195 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Vancouver, Canada
Originally Posted by fcrochik View Post
GOTCHA!!!!!

You must first upgrade the user (and domain) to the new version of google apps. After I upgraded mine now I can access my account using the same URL that I use to access my @gmail.com account.
how do i "upgrade the user (and domain) to the new version of google apps" specifically? what do you mean by "upgrade," which site specifically do i do this?

Also I kept trying to add my @unviersity_domain and now when i click the Mobile Web Mail icon, it shows me two "Gmail: sign in" buttons: those two emails aren't even setup yet.. i couldn't get my Google Apps emails to sign in.. why are they even there already??

brilliant !

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Luleå, Sweden
Originally Posted by excelar8 View Post
how do i "upgrade the user (and domain) to the new version of google apps" specifically? what do you mean by "upgrade," which site specifically do i do this?

Also I kept trying to add my @unviersity_domain and now when i click the Mobile Web Mail icon, it shows me two "Gmail: sign in" buttons: those two emails aren't even setup yet.. i couldn't get my Google Apps emails to sign in.. why are they even there already??
About the "Gmail: sign in": when you close MobWebMail, they will disappear.

The administrator for the google apps domain, must upgrade the domain, and let you upgrade your account.

/oxpo

The Following User Says Thank You to oxpo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
MobWebMail is now ALSO available in the OVI Store. It is the exact same version currently available in extras-devel.

http://store.ovi.com/content/107225

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 195 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Vancouver, Canada
Originally Posted by oxpo View Post
About the "Gmail: sign in": when you close MobWebMail, they will disappear.

The administrator for the google apps domain, must upgrade the domain, and let you upgrade your account.

/oxpo
in other words, my university has to "upgrade" their google apps domain?

Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by excelar8 View Post
in other words, my university has to "upgrade" their google apps domain?
Yes. Simple as that

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
Thanks! Finally I'll have a decent GMail app for when I play around a Symbian device for a day or two (before I get bored)!

Please read my blog: "PeakMobility", which deals with MeeGo/Maemo, Windows Phone and mobile technology in general from a hedonistic user point-of-view: http://peakmob.blogspot.com/

how to down load this mobwebmail sir?

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by kid.vel2012 View Post
how to down load this mobwebmail sir?
Enable extras-devel (for adventurous people who are not afraid of braking things up and understand meaning of doing backups constantly) Or you can go to ovi store (link was couple of messages above your message)
http://store.ovi.com/content/107225

The Following User Says Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
Posts: 473 | Thanked: 141 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Virginia, USA
I just downloded this app, and am on the work wireless. When I fire it off and try to sign into gmail, I get

Code:
Loading error
Connection closed
I also get the same when trying to get to gmail through macuco. Any ideas?

--vr

Tags
gmail