Active Topics

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Florida
Hi all,

The slider on my phone doesn't slide up and down as easy as it used to be.

If I push one side of the slider, it gets stuck. I have to use two thumbs, one on the right and the other on the left side of the screen. Then it goes up as long as I push both sides with equal pressure.

I have watched videos to fix a loose slider, but unable to find how to fix the opposite. I am willing to open my n900. However, after opening it up I am not sure on how to fix. Here is the link to a good 3 minute video on how to open to the part I think the problem is coming from. http://youtu.be/U6J4ZHUoTXc
look around 1:50

Please take a look and see if you see what screw or what part to fix this problem.

I have had 2 different n900s because I liked the first lost one so much. I just started having this problem, but it is getting worse. I just want it to be like normal where I can open it with my left hand.

I hope someone can help me, since my last hour of searching and watching videos hasn't. I also am a lil' scared to open up my n900 without a plan.

Thanks!!

any clues what I should look for?

Your just going to have to use your common sense on this one. Take the screen assembly apart and visually inspect the mechanism and work out what the problem is.

I had a similar sounding problem. The slide would only go up if the force came from the middle or equally on both sides. My problem was that the slider spring on the right hand side had become distorted and needed bent back into shape.

If you are not very used to taking electronics apart and fiddling with the mechanics/components you may not want to do this however it's up to you, there is not much that can go wrong if you are really careful and gentle.

The Following User Says Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Thanks. I have it apart. I am not unfamiliar with taking electronics apart, but was afraid of this. I have no clue why it is doing it. It does it worse when apart.

I cleaned it up, hoping it was something in the track, but its not. All the metal looks fine, can't see any defect causing it. It still does it just as bad.

Well I might just put it back together. Thanks though, I was hoping that this would be like everything else, 20 youtube videos on how to and even more forum stuff.

Thanks!