Active Topics

Closed Thread
Originally Posted by ed00 View Post
have you tried to run
Code:
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade

my update went smooth but for some reason rootfs degraded from 70 to 49mb. But after running apt-get update it came back to normal.
For the love of God stop telling people to do this. It has been explained to you at least twice why this is a bad idea and can cause problems. If you are going to give advice at least have some clue
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Reflashed and now my N900 is alive again. Got to start from scratch. Going to try the CSSU latest version again without any apps installed.

Probably i missed that explanation. But anyway thanks for such attention. But so far it was working to me and never had a major issues running that.

I installed the thing and it rebooted, and while in the nokia white screen I got the following, in green text:

Malfunction!
Device shutdown in 10 seconds.

Holy ****.

edit: Ok, I'm alive and well, device hasn't become civil engineering material... I got an "unexpected reboot, your custom kernel settings were not saved" message and that's it.

Last edited by number41; 2011-04-12 at 02:42.

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
maxx, dont you use backupmenu? it works a treat

e: can someone pls tell me when portrait desktop will be available?

Last edited by F2thaK; 2011-04-12 at 02:56.

The Following User Says Thank You to F2thaK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 908 | Thanked: 501 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ West Sussex, England
Originally Posted by f2thak View Post

To take a very slight detour as you use backupmenu, and i imagine it'll be very useful for those of this thread who don't use it, i posted 2 unanswered questions in the backupmenu thread, so i'll post them here and hope someone will answer:

how do i actually restore a backup?

Also, i don't have this installed yet, i just set about downloading it when the 'warning warning warning .... may cause serious permanent hardware damage to the device' etc etc flashed up, which has put me off installing. Is the worst likely to happen, or is it if i mess around with it somehow?

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
my hildon-status-menu is not starting up....my desktop shows no status bar... >_<

EDIT: a reboot did the trick.....geezus! btw....really like the update.....

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

Posts: 402 | Thanked: 451 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ India
This is an awesome update. Thanks MAG. The new "open" camera-ui is great. Thanks Nicolai.

What could/would be replaced next (?):
Media Player (MAG is already working on this)
HAM
Phone

You guys are really awesome. Btw, did I miss any way to donate to this project? If so, kindly please let me know.

Is there any way to make FastAppMan the default Application Manager and also a way to remove the default HAM?

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by f2thak View Post

I did not have it installed the time it died lol. Tried once and the developer said it is not 100% safe to do it. So I've stayed away from it since. Right now re-installing everything from scratch. Mind to share me your Angry bird save file? Mine is once again erased for the 30th times lol.

Amazing tweaks and Update thanks to CSSU team

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade