Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 509 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Brisbane, Australia
Originally Posted by lucas777 View Post
Oh Azkay you live in brissy, didnt know you was Aussie, nice to see a decent dev local to me. My most used app atm is this
I know a few people in gold coast, I go there every few months when theres nothing else to do and I can be bothered taking a train for 2.5 hours. Not having a license sucks, lolol.

Still slowly working on the C++ version, just a few problems im asking someone to help me with. Once its done, will be able to remove all mono dependencies and itll have its own package and stuff.

The Following User Says Thank You to azkay For This Useful Post:
Is the resolution locked at 320x240? N900 takes 848x480 video, but I'm guessing it would create more delay? ATM the delay is less than 0.3 seconds.

Originally Posted by tHMZ View Post
Is the resolution locked at 320x240? N900 takes 848x480 video, but I'm guessing it would create more delay? ATM the delay is less than 0.3 seconds.
The PC side, Smartcam client has a maximum input of 320x240 so thats all ive got to work with.

Once ive got this C++ port of the client done, I can look at modding/recoding the PC side to accept a higher res.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to azkay For This Useful Post:
hmmm sir azkay if your doing ang client port can it be made to accept multiple or several streams from different n900? im thinking it the smartcam could be made to listen to different port all at the same time it would be nice to have an ip cctv system using multiple n900 hehehe ( i own 3 units of this great phone)

Originally Posted by chivar View Post
hmmm sir azkay if your doing ang client port can it be made to accept multiple or several streams from different n900? im thinking it the smartcam could be made to listen to different port all at the same time it would be nice to have an ip cctv system using multiple n900 hehehe ( i own 3 units of this great phone)
That would have to be setup on the PC side, so I could only do that once I look at modifying/recoding the PC server.

The C++ client is sort of done, I just have to do the GUI.
Trying to figure out whats wrong with it though, the GUI looks fine on the computer but when I run it on the N900 all the buttons are shrunk, the labels oversized/cutoff. Basically, all the controls are too small or too big or cut off.

EDIT::
Unless you mean just a server that shows streams from each n900, but not using them as webcams- just viewers?

eg;

Program on PC n900 cameras view on it?

Last edited by azkay; 2011-04-12 at 16:18.

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Jamaica
how do you make it work via usb

You have to install mad-developer on the n900.
For windows, you need to get maemo_usbnet.inf and maemo_usbnet.cat from http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/MADDE.p...dde-0.7.48.exe

Plug in the n900, run mad developer, click "Usb Networking" then click "Windows network". Click "PC Suite" on the window that pops up.

On windows, it should have the installing driver thing happening, open it up and have it install the maemo_usbnet.inf driver

Last edited by azkay; 2011-04-12 at 17:29.

The Following User Says Thank You to azkay For This Useful Post:
Posts: 127 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Jamaica
Thanks azkay. took me a while but I finally get it to work

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Nice to hear of your progress Azkay. And that you may turn your attention to the PC side.

I for one, would love to be able to run the "PC" side on the n900, ie. have it receive the output.

It would also be nice for the camera to stay up and wait for the PC client (or is it a server?, hmm confused with this wine ) rahter than exiting. So that one could revisit without having to fiddle with the camera device. I do realise that smartcam was designed differently for a different role...

Originally Posted by handaxe View Post
Nice to hear of your progress Azkay. And that you may turn your attention to the PC side.

I for one, would love to be able to run the "PC" side on the n900, ie. have it receive the output.
Do you mean having a viewfinder on the n900 side, so you can see what your streaming on the n900 while its streaming?

Originally Posted by handaxe View Post
It would also be nice for the camera to stay up and wait for the PC client (or is it a server?, hmm confused with this wine ) rahter than exiting. So that one could revisit without having to fiddle with the camera device. I do realise that smartcam was designed differently for a different role...
I have no idea what you just said, lolol.