Closed Thread
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Re the 9 screens issue:

I have two N900s I installed CSSU on today and both still have 9 screens.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 291 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ North-west, UK
Minor thing with the new Camera GUI - there are now too different menus both called 'general settings', and one of them (the top one) is hard to find is there. The options from the latter should be moved into the main one.

The Following User Says Thank You to tomchiverton For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by handaxe View Post
I can confirm this, though unlike you I could not say it was CSSU update related. Great that you can! Will you bug rep it?
Since when did you have the problem?

I'm like 99% sure that it is CSSU related. I did a reflash yesterday because the new camera-ui wasn't (and isn't) working for me. I reinstalled all apps but forgot to test fcam before i reinstalled the CSSU...

Anyone else with the closing camera-ui problem who fixed it?

EDIT: Got it working by opening the camera app with lens cover closed and setting "Storage" to sd card. for me it was "mmc-undefined-name"

Last edited by CrckMc; 2011-04-13 at 09:26.

The Following User Says Thank You to CrckMc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by amadeukaos View Post
it is hard to make exceptions for the forced app auto-rotate?
The plan is to have a whitelist which specifies which applications can rotate, then users can disable the forced auto-rotate (which is meant only for testing purposes).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
It's not like someone intentionally removed 9 desktops - it's a bug, it happens sometimes (this is the first time I've heard of it happening upon update though), we don't know what causes it as far as I know.

The other stuff (icons in camera UI replacement) would probably be worked on, but someone with icon making skills will need to make creative icons for some of these things. I was originally intending to contribute to that, then never did due to lack of time, the usual, but yeah.

As for the fmtxd replacement - no - it's illegal to replace it - it's also TECHNICALLY illegal to redistribute the modified fmtxd binary that 'unlocks' this stuff, it's just that some people did it anyway, and good for them honestly, but the CSSU being an organized project, won't really benefit at all if an illegal binary is included. Now, if someone completely rewrote fmtxd, making an open source clone, then yes, but that's a really difficult project in itself, I suspect. Maybe someone will someday though.
I apprecaite the CSSU is for testers/power users but the camera UI does not seem complete and I wonder why it could not be kept seperate from the CSSU until it was fully working with all the icons etc as a separate download?

Can we revert back to the original camaer UI without having to reflash back to the previous CSSU if we decide we preferred it?

I apprecaite all the great work the developers are doing but for something like this I would like the option whether I upgraded or not having considered my options. I realise i don not have to the use the CSSU if i do not want to but then I would miss out on all the other fantastic improvements but most of those are optional whether I use them or not anyway..

Originally Posted by niqbal View Post
what is the shortcut to focus while recording? now these toggle shortcuts are features of new camera-ui. Since i am guessing to focus while recording is also a part of new camera-ui, should we go ahead and uninstall live focus then?

thankx
well i got the answer. Don't need LiveFocus anymore + To focus while recording its

g: focus -
shift + g: focus +

i must say, the new camera interface is impressive but photograph quality is not as good as it was with nokia stock. Two, why no implementation of camera sounds. Going back an year, buggzy had introduced us to adding new sounds in /usr/share/sounds for camera. Sound surely needs to be added

The Following User Says Thank You to niqbal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 195 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Vancouver, Canada
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
Would be cool if the new Camera app added Flash light for recording video at night.
press 't' while recording

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to excelar8 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 343 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris, France
I've been observing the thread since the beginning. I haven't installed it but wonder if (and especially how) there will be a stable release at some point (I actually wonder if the CSSU is currently closer to -devel or -testing?).
I can see that more and more stuff is added which is good because the aim of the project is to rewrite closed components and update what could be (which is adding more bugs then )
But is there any process to stabilize a version and when? From the wiki, I can see that it is a target (but the link is pointing to the changelog?) but I guess that would require some people investment again ?!

btw let me add some big BRAVO for the participants in this project

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to P@t For This Useful Post:
i must say, the new camera interface is impressive but photograph quality is not as good as it was with nokia stock.
Surely photographic quality is the most important thing for most users of phone camera?

Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany
i must say, the new camera interface is impressive but photograph quality is not as good as it was with nokia stock.
The image quality should be the same, because both
apps use the same camera-api.

Two, why no implementation of camera sounds. Going back an year, buggzy had introduced us to adding new sounds in /usr/share/sounds for camera. Sound surely needs to be added
I thought no one would miss this.

nicolai

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to nicolai For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade