Active Topics

Poll: After having experienced the Nokia N900, which phone would you get next (replacement phone)?
Poll Options
After having experienced the Nokia N900, which phone would you get next (replacement phone)?

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by Maruzko View Post
Think I may have just found my next phone.
Android 2.3, qwerty, snapdragon 1Ghz and front facing camera.

Sony Ericsson XPERIA Pro
http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsso...a_pro-3779.php

Wont be out till 2011Q2.
I like the Xperia Play. Won't be playing games like Angry Birds on that though.

http://www.sonyericsson.com/play/mai...lc=en#screen-6

i might be interested in that Dell 'Hancock' model coming out maybe in q4 depending on how Ice Cream turns out, but i really don't wanna make the move to Android unless there isn't another option... so here's hoping Nokia's meego device is half decent, or intel manages to get somebody to birth out a decent meego running handset.

Originally Posted by porselinaheart View Post
i might be interested in that Dell 'Hancock' model coming out maybe in q4 depending on how Ice Cream turns out, but i really don't wanna make the move to Android unless there isn't another option... so here's hoping Nokia's meego device is half decent, or intel manages to get somebody to birth out a decent meego running handset.
Looks 99% like the N900. Should be a good replacement. Those folks looking for succession plan on the Nokia/WP7 threads should consider it

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
If the N9 will have the option of dual boot with Win7 or Android then I would be happy to buy it. Not that I would use Win7 but it's good to have it incase of Nokia stopped supporting MeeGO after released.

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
If the N9 will have the option of dual boot with Win7 or Android then I would be happy to buy it. Not that I would use Win7 but it's good to have it incase of Nokia stopped supporting MeeGO after released.
Nokia N9-01 MeeGo handset could be announced today, but N9-00 is canned

Read more: http://crave.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/noki...#ixzz1EBW8nz96

Nokia chief executive Stephen Elop said on Friday that a MeeGo product would be launched this year. Now TechCrunch Europe's source has claimed the product is code-named the N9-01, and that it's a touchscreen device without a physical keyboard, but with a user interface designed by "a three person external team rather than any of Nokia's hundreds of internal designers".

The source suggested the device could be announced at Nokia's Mobile World Congress press conference tonight. But, if the device is indeed the N9-01, what happened to the N9-00, which was expected to be the first MeeGo device to go on sale? TechCrunch's source confirmed earlier reports that the handset has been canned, suggesting operators rejected the N9-00 because of a "flimsy" keyboard mechanism.

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ South Yorkshire
Pfffft.
Well, I was one of the first to have the N900. had it ordered weeks before it was released. I waited and waited- had trouble with the 1st one and got it replaced.
And now my 18mth contract is up. And the paint on my keys is wearing badly so it won't last another contract- and I'd like perhaps a thinner phone although Im not sure how I'd cope with only a virtual keyboard--
but I am MORTIFIED because I just can't find anything else that takes my fancy. Everything seems disappointing.
Any ideas anyone please?
I hate Windows on my PCs and my other half has iPhone4 which is nice but not really geeky enough.
??

Posts: 156 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Nottingham, UK
^^ has it been that long?? I still remember the anxious waiting! I've never had a phone for this long (since Dec 09 too) - still love it and NO intention of changing it.

Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
Anyone have experience with N900 phones you buy on ebay from Hong Kong

Posts: 658 | Thanked: 777 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Norway
Ninjaboxergirl: N9 obviously?

That happens to be my answer as well to the question posed in this thread.

After a bad string of Nokias (N97 was utter fail, N900 was slow and clunky although insanely awesome in all other regards, N8 was just... well it was pretty damn bad, then the SGS2 which Im really happy with.

But now theres N9. So Im getting an N9.

The Following User Says Thank You to slai For This Useful Post:
Honestly, I wouldnt trade in my n900 in for ANY phone on the market today. The possibilities are endless. There is only one point on wich i would consider hoppin over for to a different phone, and thats a lack of whatsapp.

In my opinion, it totally depends on Meego. Will it be anything like maemo? If so, trust me I'll be the first to buy the new device. A little smaller phone, fresh appearance, more options (since, yes i hate to admit, maemo IS dying bit by bit....).

To make a long story short: NO android, NO iphone, NO symbian.

The Following User Says Thank You to tim_de_wolf For This Useful Post: