There is this lot:
https://build.pub.meego.com/package/...ome%3Aliljeber

Looks like not all working yet though

Posts: 474 | Thanked: 283 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by sarahn View Post
The omap3 can have different signals for a given ball (pin) and there is some macro to change that pin muxing. The pin assignments should be checked as well.
Yes, very important. Two pins driving opposite logic outputs (or even same logic 1 output at different voltages sometimes), is often a good way to get 'the smell' (in my experience with other electronics), and can also make chips behave oddly as a side effect, such as spurious data glitches.

I'll add: Sometimes it's important to set particular GPIOs in a particular way (direction, value, maybe other options) early in the boot (though I'd expect the bootloader to do that - maybe the later kernel is changing them wrongly), and similarly some I2C devices may need setting in a particular way early.

So to lay out out clear, here's the suggestions so far:
  • Need to trigger power saving mode (speed, voltage) at the right times to limit heat output (hint: lock to low values for safety at first)
  • Voltage set too high in PMIC
  • Muxed pins set incorrectly
  • GPIOs / I2C registers set inappropriately for the device

I'm really pleased someone's trying to bring the kernel up to date. 2.6.40, bring it on

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
There is this lot:
https://build.pub.meego.com/package/...ome%3Aliljeber

Looks like not all working yet though
Thanks for the pointer.

Is there any reason why those patches are not integrated in Linus's tree? Is there any effort on getting them upstream? That would certainly ease the job.

Since those patches are (apparently) against 2.6.37 and the last kernel that Nokia has released was 2.6.28, it would be very nice to have any potentially missing security update to Greg K-H's longterm 2.6.27 applied to 2.6.28, while 2.6.37 is not ready for public consumption.

Thanks for the pointer once again, Rogério Brito.