Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Fool me once, shame on.. shame on you.
Fool me... you can't get fooled again.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by cutehunk04 View Post
i dont think it will ever be realised..they are just playing with us....
who is they?

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by bandora View Post
I am not saying anything about the OS, or the 30 day delay.. But since we're talking about Nokia and their usual delays.. I am just not surprised that there's a delay on this too.. It's pretty standard by now (the delays I mean).. Nokia even knows about it hence them naming one of the new Windows Phone devices as "W8".. Cuz we will be W8ing for it for a while till it actually gets released.. xD
Since when was this a Nokia project only!? your are free to contribute to the project! send bugreports, fix stuff and test images etc. But most people here prefer sitting at Maemo forum and whining like a bunch of kids

I begin too think its not Nokia that will kill meego on handset instead its totally lack of people who tests meego handset, and too many people in this forum who prefer to whining instead of help contribute to the project.

Remember this: Meego is a open source project that means the community (= users users of maemo/meego) can contributes in some way.

Thats how Open Source moves forward. If no contibutions in form of testers, coders, documentation bugreporting the projects dies.

Meego on n900 will not move forward by people who are "Pissed" or stupid whining about Nokia. Don't blame the few employers at Nokia who still got a chance working on n900 version. Blame the board directors for stupid decision

Personally I think the blog about Nokia support develversiion of Meego was a mistake, cause many here take it as we will get a full featured Meego with flash, multitouchhscreen and maybe also capasitive screen on N900 and wordpeace.

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2011-04-17 at 10:44.

Posts: 154 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ South Africa
Whats wrong with releasing it now as originally planned, and making an update availible in a month? But 30 days isnt long to wait. Compare that to the time we've waited already since 1.1.
Debian

Posts: 185 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Veitshöchheim, Germany
to all those who are pissed and dont understand this. i am a developer by myself and when i delay something, then its with a good reason. mostly caused by some unexpected problem which can always occur. if the release would be now, you people would piss your pants because only half the **** would work maybe because of something small. now, the is delayed only one month. one month is nothing,.. i expected something like 6 month to be true so be happy, sit down and enjoy. you dont pay for the meego so dont complain. i think your maemo still runs very good, doesnt it? if not, its your fault.

@Ele-Mental: you obviously have never done anything about marketing, havent you? If i have something i am developing and i am proud of it, i dont want to listen to people who complain about a shitty product, just because they only tested the broken beta version and think thats close to a final version. Too much people think 2D. Think twice next time and you see why there is a delay.

Last edited by tebsu; 2011-04-17 at 10:36.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tebsu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on May 2010 @ New Zealand
So, to the guy who, when I said it wasn't happening, said I was ignorant, and it would be released in April. You were talking crap. Waited a couple of months to be able to say that, and does it feel good...
Maemo 5, Windows 7 (for MCE, MS.Word+Endnote), Debian, Ubuntu, trying to get LibreOffice Writer+Bibus working properly with EndNote bibliography, given up trying to get MythTV working with AverMedia Galaxy DVB-S USB tuner. Linux & astronomy: http://mishastro.wikispaces.com/

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on May 2010 @ New Zealand
Originally Posted by tebsu View Post
to all those who are pissed and dont understand this. i am a developer by myself and when i delay something, then its with a good reason. mostly caused by some unexpected problem which can always occur. if the release would be now, you people would piss your pants because only half the **** would work maybe because of something small. now, the is delayed only one month. one month is nothing,.. i expected something like 6 month to be true so be happy, sit down and enjoy. you dont pay for the meego so dont complain. i think your maemo still runs very good, doesnt it? if not, its your fault.
In my experience. something is not released because...

it doesn't work properly. Period.

Duh!

The release date was April, are you seriously telling me they figured out it wasn't going to cut the mustard just now? If there was a project plan, and stuff wasn't happening, they should have said something a month before the release date, not this late in the day. Sure, we aren't paying - why would we? Bunch of cowboys.
Maemo 5, Windows 7 (for MCE, MS.Word+Endnote), Debian, Ubuntu, trying to get LibreOffice Writer+Bibus working properly with EndNote bibliography, given up trying to get MythTV working with AverMedia Galaxy DVB-S USB tuner. Linux & astronomy: http://mishastro.wikispaces.com/

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Since when was this a Nokia project only!? your are free to contribute to the project! send bugreports, fix stuff and test images etc. But most people here prefer sitting at Maemo forum and whining like a bunch of kids

I begin too think its not Nokia that will kill meego on handset instead its totally lack of people who tests meego handset, and too many people in this forum who prefer to whining instead of help contribute to the project.

Remember this: Meego is a open source project that means the community (= users users of maemo/meego) can contributes in some way.

Thats how Open Source moves forward. If no contibutions in form of testers, coders, documentation bugreporting the projects dies.

Meego on n900 will not move forward by people who are "Pissed" or stupid whining about Nokia. Don't blame the few employers at Nokia who still got a chance working on n900 version. Blame the board directors for stupid decision

Personally I think the blog about Nokia support develversiion of Meego was a mistake, cause many here take it as we will get a full featured Meego with flash, multitouchhscreen and maybe also capasitive screen on N900 and wordpeace.
Before ranting about me like that I suggest you take a look at my posts in TMO, I don't whine, and also if you read my post(s) again in this thread, you will see that I'm not whining.. I also suggest you also go see, my posts @ the MeeGo forum (although I don't get technical as I don't know much about linux) I try to help out as much as I can.

Also, AFAIK the DE version of MeeGo is a Nokia initiative and not Intel's..

I will clarify my post again for you, I am not whining, I am just not surprised there was a delay (either if it's a good thing or a bad thing).. That said, I can't wait to test it out when it's ready.

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by bandora View Post
I am not saying anything about the OS, or the 30 day delay.. But since we're talking about Nokia and their usual delays.. I am just not surprised that there's a delay on this too.. It's pretty standard by now (the delays I mean).. Nokia even knows about it hence them naming one of the new Windows Phone devices as "W8".. Cuz we will be W8ing for it for a while till it actually gets released.. xD

What has Nokia got to do with MeeGo?

I think its mainly Intel developing the Meego.com Meego thats in question here.

Please read my blog: "PeakMobility", which deals with MeeGo/Maemo, Windows Phone and mobile technology in general from a hedonistic user point-of-view: http://peakmob.blogspot.com/

The Following User Says Thank You to cjp For This Useful Post:
Does it really make that much difference that Meego 1.2, which at best is going to be used by Developers/Power users, is delayed by a month? Looking at this thread it seems none of the end users that Meego 1.2 is aimed at are moaning about the delay so I can't understand why the users on this thread are taking issue with Meego about the delay.

However if they weren't on this thread whinging I assume they would be only clogging up another TMO thread.

In my view I would sooner wait another month and have something useable than Meego release 1.2 when it is not even ready for the users it is aimed at.

The Following User Says Thank You to droitwichgas For This Useful Post:

Tags
big deal, boring, delaaayed, fck sake, meegorulz, rubbish, so what?, troll elsewhere, what's meego?