Active Topics

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Originally Posted by cjp View Post
What has Nokia got to do with MeeGo?

I think its mainly Intel developing the Meego.com Meego thats in question here.
Prove me wrong but isn't MeeGo DE was announce and headed by Nokia employees?

Like Jukka Eklund, Harri Hakulinen (both @Nokia)..

Anyways, I am done posting more things in this thread as I don't want to seem like I'm "whining", so my final thought is for the MeeGo HW adaptation + DE teams: Keep up the great work you guys are doing! It's amazing how fast MeeGo went from nothing to something that looks really amazing and full of great potential! And I can't wait till the DE gets released and even MeeGo 1.3..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bandora For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand

Posts: 362 | Thanked: 426 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy, Lombardia
No files removed, simply MeeGo 1.2 RC3 ARM's images have never been released.
Log file reports a fatal error during build process and until now noone has fixed it.

MeeGo 1.2 RC3 images exist only for x86

Last edited by Fabry; 2011-04-17 at 21:54.

The Following User Says Thank You to Fabry For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand

Originally Posted by Fabry View Post
This seems like a good opportunity to once again remind those who are still stuck in the MeeGo = Nokia thought pattern, that Intel is pushing MeeGo, as opposed to Nokia which is tinkering with it. Intel wants badly to get caught up in the tablet game, and is pushing its latest Atom processors. But I'm guessing that, particularly this year, it's got a problem: Windows 7 probably isn't going to be especially satisfying on an Atom tablet and Intel is beholden to Google to get Android Honeycomb running on Atom & Atom might be trailing ARM a bit on performance. So I think Intel needs MeeGo to be sure there is a compelling platform for Atom.

The Following User Says Thank You to buurmas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by Fabry View Post
No files removed, simply MeeGo 1.2 RC3 ARM's images have never been released.
Log file reports a fatal error during build process and until now noone has fixed it.

If anyone has been following the mailing lists, PulseAudio was upgraded and that broke parts of N900 audio stack. There's trunk:testing images already available with fixes in. ARM repositories are there and sysroots for SDK.

Don't worry.
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
If anyone has been following the mailing lists, PulseAudio was upgraded and that broke parts of N900 audio stack. There's trunk:testing images already available with fixes in. ARM repositories are there and sysroots for SDK.

Don't worry.
That can't be it Stskeeps. I mean where is the Nokia conspiracy in that? What you meant to type was "Somehow Nokia inserted a patch to pulseaudio which on closer inspection had the comment 'Screw you N900 users' in it and it broke Meego"

(On a sane note. Thanks for the info)
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

The Following User Says Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 537 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ N900 LAND
i have seen meego runnining and its very fast.

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post

Don't worry.
Thanks for updating this thread with some real information.

Please read my blog: "PeakMobility", which deals with MeeGo/Maemo, Windows Phone and mobile technology in general from a hedonistic user point-of-view: http://peakmob.blogspot.com/

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
That can't be it Stskeeps. I mean where is the Nokia conspiracy in that? What you meant to type was "Somehow Nokia inserted a patch to pulseaudio which on closer inspection had the comment 'Screw you N900 users' in it and it broke Meego"

(On a sane note. Thanks for the info)
Well, there is a bit of conspiracy in it We originally downgraded PulseAudio to 0.9.19 to fit with the audio stack and well, Intel upgraded it to 0.9.22 without telling anyone in advance, so ..

SNAFU.

:P
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:

Tags
big deal, boring, delaaayed, fck sake, meegorulz, rubbish, so what?, troll elsewhere, what's meego?