Active Topics

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
It's good when they delay something to make sure it works as advertised. Last thing we want is some rushed version of MeeGo that is unusable. They met all their other milestones, I think, like Stskeeps said, they had a good project plan, it just slipped a bit recently thanks to the change in management and direction. Unexpected bugs do show up pretty late sometimes, the more of them they find and fix now the better. This way they're not wasting our time getting us to install something that isn't ready. At least on a phone, unless you have a spare, this would be a problem.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by bandora View Post
Before ranting about me like that I suggest you take a look at my posts in TMO, I don't whine, and also if you read my post(s) again in this thread, you will see that I'm not whining.. I also suggest you also go see, my posts @ the MeeGo forum (although I don't get technical as I don't know much about linux) I try to help out as much as I can.

Also, AFAIK the DE version of MeeGo is a Nokia initiative and not Intel's..

I will clarify my post again for you, I am not whining, I am just not surprised there was a delay (either if it's a good thing or a bad thing).. That said, I can't wait to test it out when it's ready.
well my post was not only meant for you, even if I agree i did click on your quote.

But there is zillionhs post here by several people that complains and havent a clue how thinks works.

And yes DE is Nokia but still it is up too the community too improve it. There is no chance Nokia invests that much manpower to get n900 version working! Still up too the community too decide if we want Meego on n900. Simple is that.

Right now it seems everyone is just sit and wait and hopes someone else (or Nokia) will do it. Bt that aint gonna happen.

Same goes for cssu and the rest of the Linux/Open Sourve world.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by arash-m View Post
Just checked release schedule page of MeeGo. It seems that 1.2 will be released at 2011-05-25!

http://wiki.meego.com/Release_Engineering/Plans/1.2
Timed for MeeGo Conference it seems. Last day in fact. Hmmm....

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on May 2010 @ New Zealand
We such bad people...
Maemo 5, Windows 7 (for MCE, MS.Word+Endnote), Debian, Ubuntu, trying to get LibreOffice Writer+Bibus working properly with EndNote bibliography, given up trying to get MythTV working with AverMedia Galaxy DVB-S USB tuner. Linux & astronomy: http://mishastro.wikispaces.com/

Posts: 201 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ india
but according to www.youmobile.org , meego is coming on 28th april for n900 :O

It was until it got delayed until May 25th.

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on May 2010 @ New Zealand
Originally Posted by abhirajsoni View Post
but according to www.youmobile.org , meego is coming on 28th april for n900 :O
Ever tried reading the current thread before commenting about a report over a month old?
Maemo 5, Windows 7 (for MCE, MS.Word+Endnote), Debian, Ubuntu, trying to get LibreOffice Writer+Bibus working properly with EndNote bibliography, given up trying to get MythTV working with AverMedia Galaxy DVB-S USB tuner. Linux & astronomy: http://mishastro.wikispaces.com/

Last edited by mishmich; 2011-04-19 at 06:38. Reason: and...

Posts: 201 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ india
Originally Posted by mishmich View Post
Ever tried reading the current thread before commenting about a report over a month old?
never loose hope :P

The Following User Says Thank You to abhirajsoni For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Timed for MeeGo Conference it seems. Last day in fact. Hmmm....
seems an odd choice given that developers who are notionally working on meego will presumably also be attending the conference?

is 1.2 the version that will be used for Nokia's 2011 meego product?

I herred it directly from the chief platform arsonist that they needed the extra time to move it under a new license and converted it to a proprietary shared-source model as opposed to an open source project. Or do an April 5th, as he called it. Then he laughed and told a story about how Macromedia used to be an innovative company.

Tags
big deal, boring, delaaayed, fck sake, meegorulz, rubbish, so what?, troll elsewhere, what's meego?