Closed Thread
Posts: 311 | Thanked: 376 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Hungary
Originally Posted by ahbarnasha View Post
ejasmudar once created 3 seperate threads, but people kept posting here.
Maybe CSSU should get its own platform sub-forum. Like Maemo5 / Fremantle - CSSU. There are a lot of stuff connecting to CSSU, they could all get their own little threads there, with all the solutions easy to find, and without polluting any other forum or growing 100 pages a day like this thread does.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zdanee For This Useful Post:
Posts: 235 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Costa Rica
Originally Posted by slender View Post
I said this earlier but IMO this single monster thread is not how as important project like CSSU should be handled.
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=1846

CSSU is the most important thing happening to n900 today.

Posts: 270 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Atlanta, GA + Oxford UK
Interesting time for this topic to be raised.

I have been wondering about the status of the CSSU for a couple of months now. But trying to find any info from huge threads like this makes it daunting. As such I just tend to think stuff it Ill look again later.

I think the huge threads tend to hide to much from less active members of the community. And the community response to people posting new threads dose huge damage.

Even a thread I was instrumental in starting. (The broken USB port thread) has become so huge it is unreadable.

I have no idea how nokia is handling this now. And could not be bothered to post when my port broke for a second time.

For the CSSU I would suggest it is important enough for new section within the community. Under OS/Platform maybe.

But these huge 1000+ threads need cleaning in general. They make finding anything in the community a mess. And less active members are unable to be involved in conversations in any way. How do you respond to a post that is 500-1000 posts up. It doesn't flow well.

If we could work on some way of turning large threads into sub threads that would help return Meamo.org into a community rather then an encyclopedic collection of info.

IMHO

Last edited by HumanPenguin; 2011-04-27 at 09:23.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HumanPenguin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 247 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on May 2010 @ limassol cyprus
Hi guys , this will probably get lost in the thread but i would greatly appreciate the help , if anyone can help.i havent found anything in the thread, i did a search but nothing came up.

Well. i put my freshly formated 16gb microsd in my n900 and transfered my files back to the card(videos,pics and music), and since then the trouble started.....here goes...

A) first the n900 didnt recognize the music,but did the movies and pics(or so i thought) then realised that it didnt recognize the pics either since they didnt show up in my gallery.so i moved the music to the n900 32gb memory instead.

B) the camera has been acting up, freezing, not showing anything through the view finder/ui but still able to take pics,BUT, it does not seem to save the pics, it shows it does , but cant seem to find them anywhere.

C)when i open my file manager, where it used to show n900/memory card,now shows BCM2048B0 Initialization Configuration/memory card

Any help would be greatly appreciated , and thank you for at least reading my post.

Peace!

Posts: 63 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by n900 lover View Post

C)when i open my file manager, where it used to show n900/memory card,now shows BCM2048B0 Initialization Configuration/memory card

Any help would be greatly appreciated , and thank you for at least reading my post.

Peace!
I'm not sure about A & B, but regarding C you may want to have a look at http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...hlight=bcm2048

Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
Originally Posted by n900 lover View Post
Hi guys , this will probably get lost in the thread but i would greatly appreciate the help , if anyone can help.i havent found anything in the thread, i did a search but nothing came up.

Well. i put my freshly formated 16gb microsd in my n900 and transfered my files back to the card(videos,pics and music), and since then the trouble started.....here goes...

A) first the n900 didnt recognize the music,but did the movies and pics(or so i thought) then realised that it didnt recognize the pics either since they didnt show up in my gallery.so i moved the music to the n900 32gb memory instead.

B) the camera has been acting up, freezing, not showing anything through the view finder/ui but still able to take pics,BUT, it does not seem to save the pics, it shows it does , but cant seem to find them anywhere.

Peace!
who did you formatted your MicroSD anyway????
did you use your computer to format it or you use built in file manager to format it???

the best way is to use built in file manager to format it...just long press the microSD icon then a popup button to format it will appear...

Posts: 247 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on May 2010 @ limassol cyprus
Originally Posted by jprobichaud View Post
I'm not sure about A & B, but regarding C you may want to have a look at http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...hlight=bcm2048
thanks for that mate , it sorted out C) problem.

At first i would like to say...CSSU is awesome.Hats off!!!
I have noticed that the inbuilt facebook app isn't working nymore.It goes online but it does not show any of my fb friends in the contact list.It seems all my frnds on facebook has vanished from the contact list.I have also tried to delete the fb account in the phone.But it fails to respnd when i click on it.
Any advice on this would be most appreciated.
PS-I'm nt sure if this is d right place to post such a query.If im wrong..pls pardon

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 179 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Gold Coast, Australia
So many pagessss, any ideas on theme customizer not allowing me to remove backgrounds from the app icons?

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I agree that it's undesirable for extraneous calls for change in the N900 system to all go in this humongous thread. Isn't this what moderators are for? Can't some people be appointed to redirect the many off-topic comments that land here? (Not that I'm volunteering...)

I think that some threads are effectively owned by certain groups, and those groups should have a lot of influence over what is allowed to be posted in those threads. The comment was made that some alternate threads were created but people kept posting in this one. Many of the people posting here probably never even heard of the alternate threads because they aren't paying attention to this one -- these are exactly the people whose posts should be redirected.

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade