Active Topics

Posts: 565 | Thanked: 618 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Dotblank View Post
Yea you must have left the program running. It is attempting to to keep the token session alive. This seems to be necessary because normally the session will expire in just a few minutes.
Yes I left it open, but it insanely tried open that dialog and it couldn't make a connection. I couldn't even close the application with the dialog insanely popping up.

It would be nice, if it only popped like 2 times, without internet access I couldn't even ssh in to it and kill it..

Posts: 94 | Thanked: 253 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Virginia
Originally Posted by laasonen View Post
Yes I left it open, but it insanely tried open that dialog and it couldn't make a connection. I couldn't even close the application with the dialog insanely popping up.

It would be nice, if it only popped like 2 times, without internet access I couldn't even ssh in to it and kill it..
I should make it a configuration option. now that I have a settings menu

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dotblank For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
The new power kernel, ver 47, doesn't play well with Groove. It starts repeating continuously a short portion of the tune, then stops.

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
The new power kernel, ver 47, doesn't play well with Groove. It starts repeating continuously a short portion of the tune, then stops.
Groove runs very well here with kernel-power v47.

The Following User Says Thank You to Trestry For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
I have also had such issues, incl manic jumbling of song segments. But is it powerkernel 47 or an update to some extras devel library? Groove is better for me today with this kernel but with no OC or UV'ing, though it occasionally falls silent but still "plays" the track.

Originally Posted by Trestry View Post
Groove runs very well here with kernel-power v47.
Trestry, which version of groove are you running? You can determine by issuing "dpkg -l groove" in a terminal window.

Posts: 106 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Amazonia (Spain)
Same troubles here, still more, it only connects using 3G, never when using wifi! Waiting for update soon.

Coming soon

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ The Netherlands
Trestry, which version of groove are you running? You can determine by issuing "dpkg -l groove" in a terminal window.
I am using version 0.5-4

Very strange that there are so many people who have issues with groove.

I have to say it's scrambled also with normal kernel - at least in a multiboot environment. So where is the culprit? Some dependency that Trestry didn't install?

The Following User Says Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
I wish fapman kept an install log between use episodes (have now enabled persistent dpkg logging); would make troubleshooting this easier.
I guess anything pulse-audio or gstreamer or codec related could be related, or an interaction between those and power47.
Now that I think, it might be power47 related in terms of how it interacts with pulse-audio or gst (+ modules, codecs) irrespective of an update to a component of either. Moobox for eg. now truncates some of the animal sounds.

PS For reference: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=448

Last edited by handaxe; 2011-05-08 at 19:27.