Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
It can be done with MaeModder, but would be nice if you could add this option too. Only need to unmount partition and remove the noexec flag before remounting.

You can see here a little script in Python
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=103

Posts: 100 | Thanked: 543 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Kiev, Ukraine
It can be done with MaeModder, but would be nice if you could add this option too. Only need to unmount partition and remove the noexec flag before remounting.
Well, my goal is to make Manager able to install games out of the box, with vanilla. And I don't want to deal with partitions, moreover to change partition options itself. Advanced users can do it manually or with other tools.

Just out of interest sake, I was on a torrent site last night and saw a torrent that listed all the games that are mentioned in the WebOS application, but they were not IPK files, they were DEB files. Would they work?
No. I don't know who and how has packaged those debs, and now Manager relies on .ipk file internal structure.

For those who has 'Cannot parse appinfo.json' error - problem is in space symbol in .ipk name of folder where it's placed. I'll fix it in next release, but meanwhile, you can rename file or folder and try again.

The Following User Says Thank You to divan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 129 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bangalore, India
@divan @cloud596 I used Maemodder to set MyDocs as executable but the game now crashes even before it can show the splash or start the game actually!

Posts: 509 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ indonesia
Originally Posted by divan View Post
The main reason why games has separated Bin and Data folders is that MyDocs is vfat and has no exec attribute. So, change Bin to any other partition (I guess it worth to add check for that). Or follow cloud596 solution.

cloud596, can you give a link or explain how to enable execution for MyDocs? I've seen it somewhere, but cannot find now.
download maemodddr go to this talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=67989
, it want to make it easy cause for everyone who doesnt want to messing around with xterm.

Originally Posted by normaltusker View Post
@divan @cloud596 I used Maemodder to set MyDocs as executable but the game now crashes even before it can show the splash or start the game actually!
it easy man.
For example u install need for speed at opt. Than under com.ea.app.nfsuc u will see execute file called nfsuc. Move data folder inside com.ea.app.nfsuc to mydocs and symlink to com.ea.app.nfsuc , it jus for example.
My n900 charge now so dunno precisely the path.

oh man, thats awfull delete it if u dont want to banned.

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ new york
Originally Posted by cloud596 View Post
oh man, thats awfull delete it if u dont want to banned.
I already delete the link's for Palm pre games (.ipk files) because it seems that I can not put link's to download Palm pre games.

Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
Same happend to me. Any solution?
and same happened to me too, with x-plane airliner and x-plane shutter. Asphalt 5 works fine, few crashes but its ok, huge thanks for this app!

Asphalt 5 works fine, few crashes but its ok
Yeah, Asphalt crashes time to time, even on PalmPre, it's a game's bug, not the preenv's one.

In version 0.6.8:
- Optified
- Added 'Play' button in the games' list window (useful for people with catorise, which can't see generated icons) - you need to reinstall game to be able run it from Manager
- Added Chinese translation. (thanks to wang)
- Added Hawx game support
- Bugfixes ('Cannot parse appinfo.json' bug fixed as well)

Keyboard mapping issue is still open, I'm working on it.

Translators contributions are welcome.

Last edited by divan; 2011-03-10 at 13:14.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to divan For This Useful Post:

Tags
easy to manage, games, lame idea, preenv, runs crappy