Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London, UK.
Originally Posted by markcub View Post
Has the name of this package/theme been changed to HydroCarbon in extras-devel?

Cheers,
Mark.
Hmm, it appears it is slightly different. Light blue progress bars and yellow notifications.

Cheers,
Mark.

Originally Posted by markcub View Post
Has the name of this package/theme been changed to HydroCarbon in extras-devel?
No. HydroCarbon is the theme I have made by slightly modifying the original Carbon theme. Here is the list of changes:

1. Shuffle/Loop icons in the Media Player have been fixed to light up in their active state.
2. All notifications are now yellow, not gray. They are supposed to be easily noticeable.
3. The list item dividers are made recessed.
4. The active list item no longer has edges between columns in multi-column lists (see address book, call log).
5. The progress bars are light blue (thanks go to Andrew Zhilin for this one). As a result, you can now read text shown on top of those progress bars.

I still have not fixed the menu borders: cannot find where they are in the template. Going to make a few more modifications as well.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fms For This Useful Post:
Posts: 102 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by fms View Post
No. HydroCarbon is the theme I have made by slightly modifying the original Carbon theme. Here is the list of changes:

1. Shuffle/Loop icons in the Media Player have been fixed to light up in their active state.
2. All notifications are now yellow, not gray. They are supposed to be easily noticeable.
3. The list item dividers are made recessed.
4. The active list item no longer has edges between columns in multi-column lists (see address book, call log).
5. The progress bars are light blue (thanks go to Andrew Zhilin for this one). As a result, you can now read text shown on top of those progress bars.

I still have not fixed the menu borders: cannot find where they are in the template. Going to make a few more modifications as well.
Could you also add more transparency to it?

Last edited by Blinde; 2010-06-08 at 12:21.

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 164 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Chateauroux, FRANCE
nice job, i prefer hydro carbon against carbon because this little colors are good-looking with my hack for humanity icons...

but could you add a blue shade on left side of slider ?

and improve slider handle (round it and reduce size of 4-5 pixels ) ?

and overall a nice silder on 'slide to unlock' screen ?

and please fix menu borders too ....

and a selected item in list which have blue text could stay blue, not become white....

if all of this is donne, this may be to best theme ever for maemo !!!

thanks in advance !

Originally Posted by Blinde View Post
Could you also add more transparency to it?
What transparency?

Originally Posted by TheBootroo View Post
but could you add a blue shade on left side of slider ?
I have considered and decided against it for now. Don't think it will look good. May add

and improve slider handle (round it and reduce size of 4-5 pixels ) ?
Not possible, afaik. It is really expected to be rectangular, of a fixed size.

and overall a nice silder on 'slide to unlock' screen ?
I can roll it back to the default theme's slider image, although the current one is not bad either.

and please fix menu borders too ....
Only if you tell me where they are in the theme.

and a selected item in list which have blue text could stay blue, not become white....
Could you please give me a scenario for checking this one out? Why do you want it to stay blue?

Posts: 102 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by fms View Post
What transparency?
Like default themes, Digital Nature and Nseries has transparency on desktop. Like in widgets etc.

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
This theme (and the derivatives it has spawned) really is great.

A couple of observations:

The "Now Playing" button added to the Media Player since PR1.2 is a bit out of place now... not sure if anything can be done about it, but it would be nice if it blended a bit better.

The black borders around icons and other desktop elements (I noticed bookmarks and some widgets have them as well) are a bit 'chunky' - for lack of a better word - in the corners, which makes them look a bit odd on light-coloured backgrounds. They do look very sharp on dark backgrounds such as the theme's default though.

Difficult to see in this screenshot, but there is a thin black line running across the top edge of the status area that gives the impression that it's not connected to the top of the screen -- again, this is more when used with light-coloured backgrounds.

Those are all really minor quibbles though -- overall this is really great work

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bingley Joe For This Useful Post:
@fms
just an FYI ... there's a chappy in irc "joppu" who claims that this is based on his work and that it's not licensed for modification.

I can't verify that this guy is who he says he is; or that he's correct.... but you may want to know before sinking too much effort into it.

Posts: 66 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Netherlands
well, if you check the very first post in this thread you'll that it is joppu who made the original theme