Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
We might've been ./ed. Now with the increased traffic, it'd be a good time to spam my Optimus Prime costume blog! http://optimuscostume.blogspot.com

Kiddin. My last post took 5 mins and then it seemed like iTT went down for a few mins. Anyway, I think that thing in the upper left might be an LED... which begs the question, where is the stylus? I *know* they didn't do away with it... ... ... oh I hope not.

Have we got any ideas on release dates? Now that we see the pics, TexRat, can you shed any more light on any of the questions about the physical unit?

Oh and Milhouse - - that's cause I didn't fork over $450 on an n800 - - only the 770 Bitterness skips a device generation.

Looks VERY sleek. Love the looks.

_Looks_ surprisingly thin, given the hardware gwerty (we do not know the measurements yet, do we?).

D-Pad: I hardly ever use it, no biggie. And just a wild guess: Nokia has done some/extensive usability AND focus group testing with the targeted buyers.

Less wide: easier access to those keys in the middle, be it on the harware keypad or on the screen.

The short cut keys that I do use: still there on the outside.

Camera: I do hope it angled better towards my oh so pretty (NOT) face.

UI: looks sleek, cannot wait to hear more about the tweaks.

GPS: a-GPS will come, if not already there; a FANTASTIC addition to the specs.

Rest of ergonomics: let's wait for a few hands on reviews shall we? Likely most of the weight is on the slide out keypad part, so it should feel fairly well balanced, and might be usable on a table too, although I suspect it was intended to be thumbboarded/in hand.

N800: super cheap now! Wow... if you like your D-Pad on the outside and that oh so useful rotating cam that actually points out in a silly direction when facing the front.. Go for it!

Overall N810 looks like a great addition to the line up! Can't wait to see if there are even further improvements in terms of hardware specs (probably not that many) and whether Nokia Maps is now available.

Posts: 428 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Washington DC
Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
Look at the picture of the Washington map on the N810 and look top center, a bit to the left.

If there was ever a place that needs to be destroyed, it's Chevy Chase Village. WTF.
ha, that circle is evil

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by Hedgecore View Post
Oh and Milhouse - - that's cause I didn't fork over $450 on an n800 - - only the 770 Bitterness skips a device generation.
I'm not bitter, I'm just dissappointed with Nokia and their conservative designs (both hardware and software). But of course that's a personal opinion and others - hopefully in their millions - will disagree!

When are we likely to get an official announcement? I want to know when I can buy one.

Originally Posted by ragnar View Post
Speaking now with the end user hat on for a while, I've been using the new device now for a rather long time, and honestly, you don't miss the rocker. Honestly.
I don't understand how you are browsing then.. do you scroll with the (shudder) stylus? Or scrollbars? To me that is awfully painful. Me, I have reconfigured the d-pad so I can page up/down (one page at the time) with it (the way the Palm d-pad works, which is how it should have been in the first place). I simply can't imagine browsing in any other way.

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Then I don't get it T3... are you walking around browsing one handed? The bulk of the device is still where the keyboard sits, you hold that part (with your thumb on the d-pad as usual) and the screen is 2 inches higher than it used to be. That's a deal breaker?

I just wanna hear the lefties chime in because there's absolutely nothing that can be done about their brand new upside-down keyboard

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by Viipottaja View Post
UI: looks sleek, cannot wait to hear more about the tweaks.
Looks like it's OS 2007 with a new theme - if the pictures are showing OS 2008, then I'm VERY VERY disappointed!

Originally Posted by Viipottaja View Post
GPS: a-GPS will come, if not already there; a FANTASTIC addition to the specs.
AGPS needs a cellular connection, and if AGPS depends on specific support within the cellular phone (as the phone needs to be able to send it's position to the assistance server to help narrow down the users position although this may already be known anyway when the call is established) it may not be possible to implement AGPS with a standard phone tethered over Bluetooth to an N810.

I think we've been "Engadget'ed" - they seem to like the N810, which is good!

http://www.engadget.com/2007/10/17/n...nce-drops-jaws

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
You can press space in the browser to scroll page down. That works pretty well in firefox at least.