I thinking about getting n9 but I can't make my mind up. I owned an n9 but, I sold it to buy an.808. The 808 is still under the 30day warranty and I am thinking about returning it.

Things I like about the 808 are the camera, loud speakers specially when using drive app. And it has more apps than the n9.

The problem is that symbian is slow and not as pretty compared to the meego. Like Meego and the swipe ui.

I am trouble on deciding which one to go with. What should I do?

Originally Posted by libaax View Post
I thinking about getting n9 but I can't make my mind up. I owned an n9 but, I sold it to buy an.808. The 808 is still under the 30day warranty and I am thinking about returning it.

Things I like about the 808 are the camera, loud speakers specially when using drive app. And it has more apps than the n9.

The problem is that symbian is slow and not as pretty compared to the meego. Like Meego and the swipe ui.

I am trouble on deciding which one to go with. What should I do?
i for one made my choice
will eventually get my 808 PV end of coming week.
as Ste-phan points out, 808 PV is the last of a kind.
and ignore those idiotic fan-boys, no matter what B-a-ba-NET they post on, claiming the Shadow 910 and / or 920 will come with PV
if it was so easy to downsize the 41 MP sensor & all why didn't the N9 and all the Shadow devices since come with (at least) a 12 MP camera? they all have the needed optics, right?

Jolla, on the other hand, seems pretty determined on offering successors to the N9.

thus...

Last edited by misterc; 2012-08-04 at 08:09. Reason: typo

Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
got a Pureview 808, happy with the camera, as expected.

Symbian Belle feels familiar since I got tired of the waiting for the ultimate Meamo phone and after getting rid of the N9 I had settled with a 2nd hand N8 (obviously for the camera and the function completeness, not the beauty of its interface)

Getting Symbian to hang is not a difficult assignment to me. I already had to remove the battery one time (during 1 week of use). Since you can remove the battery the trick of pressing power button for an extended period does not always help to restore control over a hanging 808.

Built feels much more solid and ergonomic than for example the N9 and for that the Lumia's.

-there is a protective rubber border around the display on which the phone rests facing screen down on a flat surface. That is how robust devices should be designed. The old Nokia surfaces one more time.

-the plastic mat housing feels solid and not slippery, nevertheless this phone looks like a solid dropper but I am not in a hurry to test it.

-the much dreaded (in the light of anorexian display centered designs) bump of the camera gives the design a less boring and more organic appearance and provides support for letting the device resting on the index finger when making phone calls (yes it does great in this field too).

Last but not least, It takes great quality pictures right here, right now.

Very happy with this device, an easy compromise.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
I am also very happy with my Nokia 808 Pureview

Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
Guys how you dealing with the size of the device?

I mean it's a little larger than the already (somewhat) large N9

Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by HELLASISGREECE View Post
Guys how you dealing with the size of the device?

I mean it's a little larger than the already (somewhat) large N9
The size difference is really minimal as I can put the slender half of the 808 in the Nokia leather pouch for N9
(the one that was hardly usable because of fitting too tight)

Also the back of the device has a more round fit in the hand palm while still maintaining a sharp corner on the display side for improved finger grip.
Combined with weight, less slippery plastic (that may well become slippery after extended use) it feels like providing a more solid grip.

For an N9 to have good grip you need it to wear that rubber. That makes it again thicker. (also somewhat uglier and prone to catching dirt between the rubber and the housing you are expecting it to protect)

The 808 you can comfortably use w/o rubber, not risking it to jump out of your hands by the first attempt to snatch a quick shot from your bicycle.
They also provide a cheap wrist cord made in china but I don't like the metal part on it.

Size in pocket:
Some reviews go as far as to complain about the pocket-ability of the device due to the camera bump.
I don't want to know what kind of trousers those NYC mobile blog hipsters wear during their weekend night out or what rare form of elephantiasis they are suffering

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
N9 or 808, which one is the better device to buy?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Neither. I would wait for WP8 with 41MP. You will get a smooth UI with a great camera.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Neither. I would wait for WP8 with 41MP. You will get a smooth UI with a great camera.
*faceplam*

The Following User Says Thank You to HELLASISGREECE For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
I can't stand Windows phone, Android or Ios. So for me its either Meego or Symbian.

The Following User Says Thank You to addi85 For This Useful Post: