Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by BigBadGuber! View Post
LOL! I didnt know that you and danramos are the same and one person. You guys need something more powerful than beer.
What do you recommend? I sorta like what whatever you're taking and its results on you. Care to share?

Of course that nothing has come off the partnership yet
Then stop patting him on the back. Nothing's proven yet, so there's nothing to praise. It is that simple.

they just started it 6 months ago
And WP7 isn't selling any better. Nokia's partner hasn't quite improved their position, makes you wonder what's being brought to the table other than (as of yet) idle talk.

Delivery of projects and with Ice Cream (Android) and iOS 5 both looming, it's going to take more than the rather hushed buzz surrounding Mango - and I know rather well, been running Mango for over a month here.

I assume that you have worked on long term projects.
Yep. But my initial deliverables were known to many before we got into deep beta/near finished. In a public facing, international company, it's going to take more than just saying "It's going to happen" because from February 2010 to now, still no MeeGo device released. From February 2011 to now, still no WP7 device released.

And horribly staged leaks do not count (ex. Sea Ray)

3 years is minimum to see results.
But not for announcements. Those have all been centered around Symbian thus far... you know, that OS they're slowly killing, the one sold off to Accenture... the one that has no future because WP7 will be their future.

Yeah. Announcements != results, I'm sure of that. But to have nothing in place, they're having to utilize heavy sales of their dead OS to keep them afloat - well that and the hefty sums paid up by Apple for licensing.

I think that Elop is superior to what NOKIA had in the past. He is taking a company that is on a respirator, conditional critical, and disoriented, to a company that has a new vision to compete with much more powerful competitors than before. That works, and that is leadership.
That's what you think, and you're allowed. But under Jormilla, Nokia was higher earning than they are now. Elop, OPK, Jormilla... they all suffered from lack of ability to coherently state, clarify and deliver.

OPK "Maemo is our future..." - only delivered one Maemo device at a time... that made no sense. Meanwhile, Symbian continues to sell quite well on a multitude of phones. Their "future OS" isn't being utilized much at all.

Elop "WP7 is our future, we'll invest less in Symbian..." - yet to deliver a WP7 phone or experience that wows a single person as of yet, thus no compelling reasons to buy WP7 as well as Symbian still continues to sell quite well on 1ghz Symbian phones.

In both aforesaid situations, it's the lower cost stuff (Symbian) that's outselling whatever gamble the CEO has put forward as an option. And they're not put on many phones each time either - not until now that is - seems like WP7 might break that past issue.

Simply stated, the CEO wants one thing, the people buy another. I fear this trend will continue. Let's just wait and see - that's what I think.

Originally Posted by mscion View Post
I do not think this statement is true. I think Elop wants one.
That's what the public is supposed to think.

Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
What do you recommend? I sorta like what whatever you're taking and its results on you. Care to share?

Then stop patting him on the back. Nothing's proven yet, so there's nothing to praise. It is that simple.

And WP7 isn't selling any better. Nokia's partner hasn't quite improved their position, makes you wonder what's being brought to the table other than (as of yet) idle talk.

Delivery of projects and with Ice Cream (Android) and iOS 5 both looming, it's going to take more than the rather hushed buzz surrounding Mango - and I know rather well, been running Mango for over a month here.

Yep. But my initial deliverables were known to many before we got into deep beta/near finished. In a public facing, international company, it's going to take more than just saying "It's going to happen" because from February 2010 to now, still no MeeGo device released. From February 2011 to now, still no WP7 device released.

And horribly staged leaks do not count (ex. Sea Ray)

But not for announcements. Those have all been centered around Symbian thus far... you know, that OS they're slowly killing, the one sold off to Accenture... the one that has no future because WP7 will be their future.

Yeah. Announcements != results, I'm sure of that. But to have nothing in place, they're having to utilize heavy sales of their dead OS to keep them afloat - well that and the hefty sums paid up by Apple for licensing.

That's what you think, and you're allowed. But under Jormilla, Nokia was higher earning than they are now. Elop, OPK, Jormilla... they all suffered from lack of ability to coherently state, clarify and deliver.

OPK "Maemo is our future..." - only delivered one Maemo device at a time... that made no sense. Meanwhile, Symbian continues to sell quite well on a multitude of phones. Their "future OS" isn't being utilized much at all.

Elop "WP7 is our future, we'll invest less in Symbian..." - yet to deliver a WP7 phone or experience that wows a single person as of yet, thus no compelling reasons to buy WP7 as well as Symbian still continues to sell quite well on 1ghz Symbian phones.

In both aforesaid situations, it's the lower cost stuff (Symbian) that's outselling whatever gamble the CEO has put forward as an option. And they're not put on many phones each time either - not until now that is - seems like WP7 might break that past issue.

Simply stated, the CEO wants one thing, the people buy another. I fear this trend will continue. Let's just wait and see - that's what I think.

Dont act dumb. Nokia was at a precipice when they elected Elop, you cant compare prior glory to what they are up against now. Radical times, require radical surgery. And as I have said multiple times before, only time will tell. If anything, complacency is out of NOKIA and they have publicly admitted that Symbian sucks

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
**** SAKE!

I just hoped this was a new thread and hoped it was EFlop they wanted to fire

Elop is doing a great job so far. He is going nowhere. The Nokia deadwood apologists need to get grips of the reality.
YEHA yes doing a great job getting raped by Microsoft.

I must agree that European CEO would be much better. Elop is from Micros...eh...Canada! I know only one man who proved to be worthy of such position...

Marko Ahtisaari!

Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
Nokia is Finnish. As with all Nordic countries, a domestic leader is best due to cultural reasons and language. For an international nordic company like Nokia, a leader from UK or NA is OK, also because of cultural and linguistic reasons. A Canadian (english) leader feels right at home, and is accepted right away, not so easy for a spaniard or french dude.

What I'm saying is that I'm not so sure that Nokians fee they "deserve" a spanish or italian leader, but they are happy with one from UK or Canada, even a US leader could work.
Well true is: FIRE the whole board members. They all in bed with Microsoft and overpayed asholes. And the enginners are no slaves under Microsoft.

LOL! I didnt know that you and danramos are the same and one person. You guys need something more powerful than beer.

Of course that nothing has come off the partnership yet, they just started it 6 months ago. I assume that you have worked on long term projects. 3 years is minimum to see results. I think that Elop is superior to what NOKIA had in the past. He is taking a company that is on a respirator, conditional critical, and disoriented, to a company that has a new vision to compete with much more powerful competitors than before. That works, and that is leadership.
MrFlop will not be att Nokia >=3 years thats damn sure...

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2011-09-09 at 18:32.

Dont act dumb. Nokia was at a precipice when they elected Elop, you cant compare prior glory to what they are up against now. Radical times, require radical surgery. And as I have said multiple times before, only time will tell. If anything, complacency is out of NOKIA and they have publicly admitted that Symbian sucks
Counting a MS employee (won't call him ex) as a representative of all of Nokia, that's been there for less than a year, you literally need a brain wash. He said MeeGo was not competitive to ios, android, just check the feedback for both MeeGo and WP7, even Maemo5. Saying they can't produce 3 devices in 3 years, is bullocks, they have 2 ready to ship. Deliberately killing N9 for devices that feature an OS that doesn't sell, RIP Nokia. Symbian Belle wiped the floor with all that Mango couldn't offer.

Enough with the kissing ***, you won't get hired.

Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
If I was Microsoft, I would really worry if Nokia can even deliver the hardware

http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/...s/td-p/1122467

Tags
bada rox, bigbadtroll!, ceo firing, fooled again, pissing contest