Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
But Maemo 5 is a bit more than a filechooser, isn't it.
Originally Posted by qole View Post
Yes, it's a 3D, clutter-based, OpenGL-enhanced filechooser.
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
Is it? It runs fine under Mer..
Yes, yes it does. Although I think the OK button could be a bit bigger.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Yes, yes it does. Although I think the OK button could be a bit bigger.

That's not hildon-fm. That's GNOME's file chooser (or GTK, i forget.)
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Posts: 345 | Thanked: 467 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Germany
Originally Posted by kanishou View Post
There are some issues with colours on scratchbox, it should look better on a device. E.g. the turquoise you see, is actually lime green...
Ok, so it looks like red and blue are exchanged. You can adjust that e.g. with imagemagick using this:

convert in.png -channel RGB -separate sepimage.png
convert sepimage-2.png sepimage-1.png sepimage-0.png -channel RGB -combine out.png
rm sepimage-?.png

When applying that script to my two screenshots they look like this:

and this:

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Master of Gizmo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by pelago View Post
Are the new devices going to be finger-only, i.e. not come with a stylus? I ask because http://maemo.org/development/sdks/ma...lpha_overview/ says that the stylus keyboard has been removed, and the window/app close button is much larger than before.
i think i remember reading somewhere that yes, i'll need to buy a stylus as an extra 3rd party accessory. can't remember/find the source, though, which makes this info pretty unreliable.

i was disappointed at first about the removal of the stylus keyboard: a lot of things just dont work well with the thumb keyboard: chatting, x-terminal, frequent use of numbers,...

i guess it just doesn't matter, though, as long as there's a hardware keyboard. i own an N800, so i couldn't live without the stylus variant, but i hope N810-owners will confirm that hardware keys are even better.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
That's not hildon-fm. That's GNOME's file chooser (or GTK, i forget.)
Are you sure? It doesn't look like any Gnome/GTK file chooser I've ever seen before. And that giant OK button on the right looks just like the Fremantle UI screenshots we've seen...

Maybe it's some weird bastardization of GTK / Hildon due to the fact that this is OpenOffice with GTK compatibility, and I'm running this in a chroot, but most of the other aspects of the Liberty theme look right.

Last edited by qole; 2009-03-05 at 21:23.

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
qole, i thought you threw this in as a joke, but: it looks pretty much like the file chooser i have on my gnome desktop. really. except that the OK-button is completely out of place (and proportion), which makes the actual files list too narrow.

So it is a weird bastard child of Gnome/GTK, Diablo and Fremantle. Sweet.

Can someone post a screenshot of what the Mer filechooser is supposed to look like?

Last edited by qole; 2009-03-05 at 21:33.

Posts: 696 | Thanked: 1,012 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Asturies, Spain
So it is a weird bastard child of Gnome/GTK, Diablo and Fremantle. Sweet.

Can someone post a screenshot of what the Mer filechooser is supposed to look like?
AFAIK, there isnt "Mer filechooser". There is the Gtk filechooser (your screenshot) or the new Hildon filechooser (the mentioned video).

And AFAIK, Hildon filechooser isnt 3D and clutter based (because of this, it's running in Mer without problems). The new Hildon desktop it's clutter based.

The Following User Says Thank You to yerga For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
there was a video somewhere showing a file selector that basically looked like a tree view combining dirs and files...

i suspect the the file manager will be somewhat similar...

Let me rephrase, then; I would like to see what the new Hildon filechooser in Mer looks like. From my picture, we can assume that some of the elements of the new Fremantle theme (like that big OK button, and the removal of the cancel button) have been pushed up to the GTK level, so all GTK dialogs will display these features.

EDIT: Ok, I watched the video. Now I know.

EDIT2: Is it a bug that the new OK button size and placement breaks the GTK file chooser dialog? Should I report it?

Last edited by qole; 2009-03-05 at 22:27.

Tags
fremantle