Active Topics

Have you entered the Ctrl + Shift + O combination and then closed the keyboard already?

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
The thread "internet in portriat" with one post has been merged into this thread.

Eventually got ctrl+shift+o working ! Is it the same as the update though, as I can only get it working on the internet and not apps such as contacts, conversations, calculator etc ?

Last edited by JontyWilliams; 2010-01-21 at 17:13.

Originally Posted by JontyWilliams View Post
...I can only get it working on the internet and not apps such as contacts, conversations, calculator etc ?
Yes. At this time, the Maemo web browser is the only application for which Nokia have announced they will be adding portrait support, and this update delivered the beginnings of that in Easter egg form.

Hello everyone,
Couple of questions:
How to get browser out of full screen in portrait mode? How to make address bar appear?

don't think you can in this software release. that's why the rotate feature "hidden" and you have to press that shortcut - it's incomplete. my guess is that the next software release will fix that. there's also no keyboard support for portrait mode, so that might be one of the reasons.

The thread "browser portait mode" with two posts has been merged into this thread.

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Carolina (Formerly Denmark and Iceland)
I had this working after I upgraded to fw from w. 51 OTA.

However after flashing my device to fw from w 51 I canīt get it to work. But it was kind of a gimmick feature anyway so doesnīt really matter.

Has anyone else had the same experience?

Did anyone find a way to go back a page without going back to landscape? The cursor gesture works (slide in from the left) but the back gesture (slide in from right) doesn't. I can see that the bookmark view works in portrait, but not the history. I suppose that is why.

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Houston, Texas
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXK9XFolwTM

He talks about portrait mode i tried ctrl shift 0 didnt work, has someone else succeeded in this?

The Following User Says Thank You to kingzeus For This Useful Post:

Tags
easter egg, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, maemo browser, microb, portrait, portrait mode, portrait mode browsing, portraitudinal, pr1.1, web browser