Notices

Posts: 180 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Maine
Downloaded 0.8.0-2 and it opens and plays fine, I did find two problems however:

1) The button that starts and stop playing always says resume whether the book is playing or not
2) The playback always seems to start at the beginning of the current chapter instead of the place where it was left off.

Cheers,
Fred

The Following User Says Thank You to ffarber For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
Originally Posted by ffarber View Post
Downloaded 0.8.0-2 and it opens and plays fine, I did find two problems however:

1) The button that starts and stop playing always says resume whether the book is playing or not
2) The playback always seems to start at the beginning of the current chapter instead of the place where it was left off.

Cheers,
Fred
1) Fixed in svn now
2) Sounds like there is an issue going on. Ctrl+l (lower case L) will copy a debug log that you can then paste wherever convenient for posting here. From that hopefully we can determine what the problem is.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by epage View Post
1) Fixed in svn now
2) Sounds like there is an issue going on. Ctrl+l (lower case L) will copy a debug log that you can then paste wherever convenient for posting here. From that hopefully we can determine what the problem is.
I hope I did this right. I started a book playing, hit ctrl l, and quit the application. i then copied ~.nqaap.log to nqaap.txt so I could attach it.

Hope it helps.

Fred

Edit: I noticed one other behavior that is probably related. If the book is not playing and I move the progress indicator to somewhere in the middle and then hit resume the play back starts at the beginning of the chapter. If you move the progress bat while it is playing everything is fine and if you don't change the progress bar, stop the book and restart it things are good. Hope this makes sense.
Attached Files
File Type: txt nqaap.txt (16.4 KB, 84 views)

Last edited by ffarber; 2010-05-07 at 10:45.

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
I have the same problem with number 2 after the latest (faulty) update.

Man I haven't botched a set of releases this bad in a while. Sorry for all of this.

The Following User Says Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
Edit: I noticed one other behavior that is probably related. If the book is not playing and I move the progress indicator to somewhere in the middle and then hit resume the play back starts at the beginning of the chapter. If you move the progress bat while it is playing everything is fine and if you don't change the progress bar, stop the book and restart it things are good. Hope this makes sense.
As far sas I can tell looking at the code that existed before. I just put a fix into svn.

I caused this when adding support for custom audio book paths. It is now fixed in svn.

So I don't forgot, a bug I noticed while looking at the others: If you open nqa and then close it without playing any audio books, you will lose where you are in the chapter.

Man I haven't botched a set of releases this bad in a while. Sorry for all of this.
Please, I so appreciate the work you're doing. No need to beat yourself up it is going to be great!!!

Unfortunately, I am unaware of how to get software from svn, I pretty much am only using Application Manager. Can you point me to some instructions, I am willing to try anything.

Thanks,
Fred

Please, I so appreciate the work you're doing. No need to beat yourself up it is going to be great!!!

Unfortunately, I am unaware of how to get software from svn, I pretty much am only using Application Manager. Can you point me to some instructions, I am willing to try anything.

Thanks,
Fred
When I mention its in svn I don't expect people to have to pull from it but that its ready for the next release. I'll look into doing a release later today If I get to it before pengman.