Active Topics

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Idaho
home/user # echo ondemand > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/scaling_governor
/bin/sh: cannot create /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/scaling_governor: Permission denied

I need a fix...
http://youtube.com/mgamerz

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
huh, cant create? Could be a spelled something wrong, so apply tab completion

advanced-systemui (0.2.7)
  • swiping from button bar to widgets hides window
  • changed WIFI to WiFi
  • new shutdown and reboot icons
  • setting to show MB after service sizes
  • removed secure button and gps hardware indicator until finished
  • ambient light sensor is only queried and displayed on the n810
  • window is now properly resized instead of closing and reopening when rotating
  • setting to unmap window after rotation with on-screen buttons
  • setting to rebind rotation keys
  • settings to bind hardware keys for volume and brightness
  • d-pad now scrolls process viewer by 80% instead of only 10 processes
  • fixed d-pad scrolling for process viewer for inverted portrait and landscape orientations
  • fixed segfault when setting governor

echo ondemand > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

The governor problem has been fixed in this version.

The new rotation code should be faster and hopefully solve the problems anyone was having.

The new settings are documented here.

The ASUI window does not redraw itself after a notification (such as "Offline mode activated") is displayed.
You mean notifications leave a blank area when they disappear? Have you modified any X server settings or are you using an Xomap other than stock or community SSU?

Is there no API to force the system to go dark immediately?
MCE can turn the display off but it doesn't work when connected to the charger or when the "lock screen and keys" option in the control panel display applet is unchecked.

As noted by someone else, it requires changing the slider position and then changing it back, fiddling with it to get to the same level as before.
I just found out that the sound applet uses negative values for mute so the next release will have mute capability.

I like the automated power-up on charge, but I don't want that black-but-illuminated screen, and I don't want ASUI as the underlying display.
This "feature" wasn't intended.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to auouymous For This Useful Post:
so i forgot something indeed.

advanced-systemui-test

This test binary has volume muting and 100 of the 127 brightness levels, final will have all 127. I am aware of the value slightly changing after being set, incorrect value for a few seconds after turning display on and zero doesn't turn off the backlight.

I'm working on fixing these problems but want to make sure the brightness code works on other devices.

turning of backlight would be a bad thing on the n800 as it do not have the transflective screen of the n810.

did a quick test, and seems to work ok.

Last edited by tso; 2010-10-26 at 23:28.

turning of backlight would be a bad thing on the n800 as it do not have the transflective screen of the n810.
I am aware of this and that test binary shouldn't even allow the n800 to be set to zero.

Thank you for the update!

Originally Posted by auouymous View Post
The new rotation code should be faster and hopefully solve the problems anyone was having.
Since the window automatically closes (thanks) after clicking a rotate icon, this isn't an issue any longer -- however, when using a button-binding to rotate, I see the same slow rotation symptom I reported previously. But I've also changed to have no buttons bound to rotate, so if nobody else sees this, don't worry about it.

You mean notifications leave a blank area when they disappear? Have you modified any X server settings or are you using an Xomap other than stock or community SSU?
Yes, that's what I mean. As far as I know, X and Xomap are whatever comes with stock+SSU. If you need debugging info, let me know how to locate it.

MCE can turn the display off but it doesn't work when connected to the charger or when the "lock screen and keys" option in the control panel display applet is unchecked.
Huh. Well, then I guess live with it.

This "feature" wasn't intended.
Heh.OK, now it's not starting on plug-in. However, I think the behavior when plugged in is different than stock: the Battery Strength icon changes to the Charging icon, as expected; but then the screen goes completely white, fading to illuminated-but-black (or grey?). I could uninstall ASUI to check, but I think the stock behavior is to stay with the Charging icon, which is overall less bright.

@ mcow

Can you run this test binary, use gconf-editor to enable no_save_unders, restart the test binary and then see if ASUI is redrawn after using the wifi selector window and screen lock notifications?

advanced-systemui-test

heh, i find myself somewhat abusing the fact that asui will auto-connect to an available known hotspot when the wifi button is tapped. This rather then having to either start some program that then triggers the auto-connect, or going to the applet and select the hotspot manually.

Tags
bada blows, bada rox