Active Topics

Notices

Thanks a lot I was able to set the key configuration for the sixaxis controller.
Up = 273
Down = 274
Left = 276
Right = 275
Coin = 32
Start = 271
A = 122
B = 97
C = 120
D = 115

Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by disaznrush View Post
Thanks a lot I was able to set the key configuration for the sixaxis controller.
Up = 273
Down = 274
Left = 276
Right = 275
Coin = 32
Start = 271
A = 122
B = 97
C = 120
D = 115
So there is no need to enable the joystick in the configuration, you just change the keyboard settings? That makes live easier...

Originally Posted by ade View Post
So there is no need to enable the joystick in the configuration, you just change the keyboard settings? That makes live easier...
Yup pretty much z = a, a= b, x = c, s = d, space = coin, enter = start and up, down, left, & right are your movement.

Posts: 173 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Rio de Janeiro
Hey guys, I can see that some of you still have problems with gngeo. I'll explain what I know:
GNgeo files sometimes saty on home\user or opt\user, depennds of how the package was configurate to. Anyway to see where are your GNgeo files you should have Filebox installed or any other File Manager with root access. Roms are alwais in .zip, LEAVE THEM LIKE THAT, inside them usually have several files .rom .
To change key inputs, edit file ( gngeorc ) with Notes following asciitable values. Some games will not work. For example, XGngeo GUI app already recognizes the games that work by showing their full name while browsing. I have a Tutorial in another thread, maybe a video tutorial would be good. Will do it as soon as I get a camera. After that you see how easy is to have gngeo up and running full speed, I use to overclock to 800, 900 just to have more fps, sound is set to 44100 for a better stereo experience. I'm pasting the Tut below here, you can just skipp XGngeo part and install gngeo-gui application instead.

TUTORIAL for GNgeo (NeoGeo emulator)
I am following third parties instructions, so I am not responsable for any damage you may have. Try not using other apps while running GNgeo.

--Check your App Man to check if you have GNgeo installed, if you have, remove it.

--Download Emulator files from here:
http://hotfile.com/dl/108748653/a716...ry.tar.gz.html
Save it to your MyDocs folder (32GB) on N900,

--Using X Terminal type:
cd /home/user
tar xvzf MyDocs/gngeo-0.7-n900-binary.tar.gz

--Install XGngeo v. 16-2 from App Man (optional)

--create a folder 'Roms' on your MyDocs folder, drop all the bios you find (unziped) and your neogeo games in zip format.

--on X Terminal type 'gngeo/bin/gngeo yourgamename' press Enter.

--Install Filebox from App Man (You'll need it to access home\user\.gngeo\gngeorc file. long press on gngeorc, edit p1key line for keys mapping (According to the ascii table ( www.asciitable.com ), don't mess too much with this file or create a backup first if you want to try some configurations out.

Under important paths, the first line is your bios ( /home/user/MyDocs/Roms ), the second is your drives ( /home/user/gngeo/share/gngeo/romrc.d ), third is emulator itself 'executable' gngeo v 0.7 ( /home/user/gngeo/bin/gngeo ). Those paths should be the correct ones and all of them should be geen instead of red. If you've done everything right, you will be able to play Neogeo games on your N900 after it.

If the link is not working let me know, just tested and it's still working.
Good luck to all.

The Following User Says Thank You to gleydsonpr For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gleydsonpr View Post
Hey guys, I can see that some of you still have problems with gngeo. I'll explain what I know:
GNgeo files sometimes saty on home\user or opt\user, depennds of how the package was configurate to. Anyway to see where are your GNgeo files you should have Filebox installed or any other File Manager with root access. Roms are alwais in .zip, LEAVE THEM LIKE THAT, inside them usually have several files .rom .
To change key inputs, edit file ( gngeorc ) with Notes following asciitable values. Some games will not work. For example, XGngeo GUI app already recognizes the games that work by showing their full name while browsing. I have a Tutorial in another thread, maybe a video tutorial would be good. Will do it as soon as I get a camera. After that you see how easy is to have gngeo up and running full speed, I use to overclock to 800, 900 just to have more fps, sound is set to 44100 for a better stereo experience. I'm pasting the Tut below here, you can just skipp XGngeo part and install gngeo-gui application instead.

I am following third parties instructions, so I am not responsable for any damage you may have. Try not using other apps while running GNgeo.

--Check your App Man to check if you have GNgeo installed, if you have, remove it.

--Using X Terminal type:
cd /home/user

--create a folder 'Roms' on your MyDocs folder, drop all the bios you find (unziped) and your neogeo games in zip format.

--Install Filebox from App Man (You'll need it to access home\user\.gngeo\gngeorc file. long press on gngeorc, edit p1key line for keys mapping (According to the ascii table ( www.asciitable.com ), don't mess too much with this file or create a backup first if you want to try some configurations out.

Under important paths, the first line is your bios ( /home/user/MyDocs/Roms ), the second is your drives ( /home/user/gngeo/share/gngeo/romrc.d ), third is emulator itself 'executable' gngeo v 0.7 ( /home/user/gngeo/bin/gngeo ). Those paths should be the correct ones and all of them should be geen instead of red. If you've done everything right, you will be able to play Neogeo games on your N900 after it.

Good luck to all.
For people that are less comfortable with x-terminals and editing of files, this may be an alternative:
Yesterday, I uploaded a gngeo package to the extra devel repository, so gngeo can also be installed using the application manager. Combined with a gngeo-gui installation, it only needs the bios files and zipped roms in certain locations. Keys can be reconfigured in gngeo-gui using ascii codes.

@gleydsonpr:
In the latest version of gngeo-gui I dropped the (not usable?) joystick enable-button and replaced it with the sample rate option. First time I played with the different sound rates, and as you said, differences can clearly be noticed in sound quality.

where i can get the bios files?

Originally Posted by ududud View Post
where i can get the bios files?
Google is your best friend

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 116 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by gleydsonpr View Post

--Using X Terminal type:
cd /home/user

Good luck to all.

@ gleydsonpr
mate I was finally able to play KOF 2002 and at full speed by following ur tutorial u posted last time. yea this same tutorial I mean. My problem was missing bios required .. and so after I found it I created my own icon on desktop that executes the command
PHP Code:
gngeo/bin/gngeo kof2002 
though the full screen thingy still buggy and tend to exit sometimes. Next is connecting a usb joystick
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to K9999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 173 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Rio de Janeiro
Originally Posted by K9999 View Post
@ gleydsonpr
mate I was finally able to play KOF 2002 and at full speed by following ur tutorial u posted last time. yea this same tutorial I mean. My problem was missing bios required .. and so after I found it I created my own icon on desktop that executes the command
PHP Code:
gngeo/bin/gngeo kof2002 
though the full screen thingy still buggy and tend to exit sometimes. Next is connecting a usb joystick
Hi, glad my Tutorial helped you, after all, this site is meant to help all of us. Is your kof2002 rom the 'original' one like in the arcades or another version? My kof2002 rom doesn't load due to bios required missing, I have kof2004 working, the hack version, could you list your bios and share with me or send google, page link (if legal) or even upload, and how many kbs/mbs (exactly size of .zip file) . Or could you point me the 'rom sharing site' (if legal) ? I want to get other roms to work (Still didn't get kof2000 kof 2002 and other to work bios missing problem ) . Woul like to play them on my Videogame (N900)
So, probably you got the version with real fullscreen and not the 1/10 screen size of the OS2008 version, that's good, like mine aswell. As I posted before, if we mark 'enable joystick' we get bugs on keys configuations, better not to mark it, if it is checked we can use the analog joystick of PS3 controller, wich some people prefer, I don't, can't wait to post my youtube video. I have one on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLXOKyWgVuA

, but it is in small screen.

i have installed gngeo and gngeo-gui from repos.
i have bios in /home/user/MyDocs/emu-roms/neogeo/bios
and roms in /home/user/MyDocs/emu-roms/neogeo

configuration saves fine but im still getting 'no roms found' in the blue box?

any ideas how to fix this?
cheers