Active Topics

I got the new update! Everything I asked for is in it!!

Youtube works, rich email client, sim card slot, better multimedia support, improved text input and the browser supports more websites with smooth scrolling!!!!!

I installed it and my N800 turned into an iPhone!

Posts: 269 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
LMAO at TabulaRasa's posts. Those are worth the price of the thread alone.
TabulaRasa has reached a climax with his posts from the future. I wish we'd get more!

I would like them to be kept in a kind of collector's folder somewhere on this forum.

Originally Posted by sherifnix View Post
I got the new update! Everything I asked for is in it!!

Youtube works, rich email client, sim card slot, better multimedia support, improved text input and the browser supports more websites with smooth scrolling!!!!!

I installed it and my N800 turned into an iPhone!
Ha, for one moment I thought you too had been able to timetravel to TabulaRasa's universe.

Nah, it's very clear to me that TabulaRasa must be an impostor : if he was really from the future and a geek worth his salt, by now he'd have dug up his old firmware update from a 53 Petabyte holographic memory card, and attached it to a post in this thread, and we'd be done, holidays in Finland or not. QED.

Hmm... just another test though, just in case : so, Mr AfterTheGreatCrash, are there really going to be updates to the 2007 Hacker Edition OS for the 770 ? :-)

Originally Posted by Seb Per View Post
Ha, for one moment I thought you too had been able to timetravel to TabulaRasa's universe.
Lol I was hoping to play on it

I love my N800 dearly, I am just pained right now waiting for this update. I will likely buy an iPhone in addition to the Tablet so I don't rape my phone battery at home on the couch.

Originally Posted by fpp View Post
Nah, it's very clear to me that TabulaRasa must be an impostor : if he was really from the future and a geek worth his salt, by now he'd have dug up his old firmware update from a 53 Petabyte holographic memory card, and attached it to a post in this thread, and we'd be done, holidays in Finland or not. QED.

Hmm... just another test though, just in case : so, Mr AfterTheGreatCrash, are there really going to be updates to the 2007 Hacker Edition OS for the 770 ? :-)
Not correct, he said it s forbidden to alter timespace continuum. And if he had uploaded the firmware, we would have learnt so much from it that his own firmware would have been even more advanced in his XXVth century. Result he d be farther away in another galaxy with his N80000000000000000 parallel universe compatible.

Originally Posted by sherifnix View Post
Lol I was hoping to play on it

I love my N800 dearly, I am just pained right now waiting for this update. I will likely buy an iPhone in addition to the Tablet so I don't rape my phone battery at home on the couch.
I understand. But it seems to me they overlap a bit. Plus the Iphone is not 3g, and simlocked and battery is soldered etc etc (refer to thread Iflop). Why not a HSDPA phone (N95 for example). Nokia has also very nice projects coming out soon (well soon is a dangerous word nowadays)

Let s ask TabulaRasa to send us some brochures...

The battery isn't an issue except when it fails. There is plenty of external charging options for ipods (same connector). At least for me, in 2 years when the battery is on its way out, I'll want an updated phone.

The N95 can't even make it through the day without a recharge, the iPhone has almost double the battery life, with a much superior web experience. And its half the thickness, I don't need a brick in my pocket. Maybe the N95 is ok if you like fanny packs!

Secondly, in terms of usability, fluidity and speed... the iPhone destroys the N95 on all fronts.

Geeks and forum goers like to go off specs like HSDPA and GPS... people that actually buy phones won't care about specs and zomg 3g if its a pain in the *** to use, and your battery is dead at 3pm.

I don't expect Nokia or HTC to produce a phone that compares to the iPhone for at least another year or two. Apple has raised the bar in usability. Yea its not perfect, but hell if you say it isn't a MUCH superior experience.

Edit:

Plus you can now unlock the phone using DVDJon's iphone authentication server, no more contract if you're so inclined. Everyone here is savvy enough to handle that

Posts: 919 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ /dev/null
Tell u the truth after I read about DVDJons crack this morning at dslreports I was tempted to get one! but 599 is harsh as hell!

Posts: 531 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Oct 2006 @ This side of insane, that side of genius
Originally Posted by Seb Per View Post
Not correct, he said it s forbidden to alter timespace continuum. And if he had uploaded the firmware, we would have learnt so much from it that his own firmware would have been even more advanced in his XXVth century. Result he d be farther away in another galaxy with his N80000000000000000 parallel universe compatible.
is "uploading" from the "future" a paradox of ideas? uploading is a real time effort, and doing so from the future is a contortion of the mind that surpasses the agony of understanding 9 dimension arrays and their addressing schemes. wouldn't it be like backloading or preloading or pre-back-down-date-rape-loaded-ness-ing-ly-ism
ElmScan 5 BlueTooth
BlackBerry Bold (9000)
AT&T Wireless