And yet another emerging patent infringement case being raised by Nokia now... Are you ready for this?

They are trying to raise a case against HTC for the the "method of configuring electronic devices", basically the ability to plug the phone into a PC via a cable and interact with it.

http://www.fosspatents.com/2012/12/a...nge-nokia.html

Oh Nokia, once so proud yet now so pathetic.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by MINKIN2 View Post
And yet another emerging patent infringement case being raised by Nokia now... Are you ready for this?

They are trying to raise a case against HTC for the the "method of configuring electronic devices", basically the ability to plug the phone into a PC via a cable and interact with it.

http://www.fosspatents.com/2012/12/a...nge-nokia.html

Oh Nokia, once so proud yet now so pathetic.
When in doubt, patent troll.

Well....i still like my Lumia 920....typing on it now. I do like the big screen and resolution is amazing. Just swapped from iPhone back to Lumia...because the call quality on iPhone just suuuucks....lumia all the way

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
When in doubt, patent troll.
don't use the word patent troll when you obviously have no idea what it means. Nokia, Ericsson and Motorola have developed all the nuts and bolts of mobile technology. The rest are copycats. Only natural they should pay license fees.

Real patent trolls are rare, and not remotely as big a problem as the blogosphere makes it to be. They are like mushrooms, popping up every now and then, and are gone just as fast.

@specc

Analysis of NPEs (aka patent trolls) cost USA business $29 billion in 2011 doubling from 2009, defendants increasing from 2700 per annum to 5800 in the same time. ref Bessen/Meurer

mushrooms, quickly gone?

sco v ibm case almost closed after TEN years, quickly gone?

you're seriously mistaken dude.

rgds

The problem with smartphones is they pretty much does everything the user possibly could want. Therefore we see this trend with larger screens, pushing even more web/media into the phone. But no really new technology has been introduced in a successful manner in the last 5 years.

As more people are getting tablets/tabletoids this nonsense screen size hype will go away. Give me a 4 inch screen, the processing power of the s3, pureview, real useful notifications like on the n9 or Symbian, functionality of the 808, and I'm happy.

Originally Posted by specc View Post
don't use the word patent troll when you obviously have no idea what it means. Nokia, Ericsson and Motorola have developed all the nuts and bolts of mobile technology. The rest are copycats. Only natural they should pay license fees.

Real patent trolls are rare, and not remotely as big a problem as the blogosphere makes it to be. They are like mushrooms, popping up every now and then, and are gone just as fast.
I... would buy whatever you're taking and abuse it.

Seriously dude, you're trying so hard it's comical. Keep up the good work. You brighten my nights with your brand of entertainment.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
specc is a all-day entertainer

He brightens your nights while he does the same for my long boring afternoons at work

specc, you can add one more title to the troll title you have; all-day entertainer!

Glad to see you are entertained It doesn't improve on your ignorance though

Patents are to the industrial economy like syntax for the programmers. Without patents, we would have no economic growth from R&D. We would basically end up like the old soviet union.

Patents give you the right to legally protect your technology from economic abuse by others. The point is that you have to do all the legal stuff yourself, and pay for everything. What you call patent trolling is just business as usual.

Real trolls typically just scan the industry for things that exist, but where no patents exist. Then they write patents and sue others for using their patents. This may work, but since you cannot claim a patent for prior art, it will eventually fail. The point is that the legal system is slow and expensive, and the trolls are higly skilled in legal disputes, so they can go on for years and destroy small businesses that don't have the financial mussel for a prolonged legal battle.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by specc View Post
Patents are to the industrial economy like syntax for the programmers. Without patents, we would have no economic growth from R&D. We would basically end up like the old soviet union.
Untrue. The way the patenting system is used currently is to strangle creativity, not to enable ecomomic growth.

Tags
bring me beer, downward spiral, elop is nero, let's talk bs, lumiadickweed, lumiatard, nero fiddling, nokia bears, nokiastockrock, thanks for asha