Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by vitaminj View Post
Whoa! Easy now! Most reviews don't agree, but the views were put across in a non-troll fashion. I'm glad we have another viewpoint - I'll wait until mine arrives to see if I agree or not.
I do agree with the back button thing though, as does Konttori. Not much they can do about it now though, unless they hackily retrofit the QML toolbar component with a micro-swipe detector
atleast external apps can do this without problem by using the Flickable component so it up to the app devs :-)

I am planing to use it in my own apps instead of backbutton.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by slai View Post
Its not. Different and better CPU, less RAM, lower resolution, smaller screen... There are differences.
Apparently clock-for-clock the N9's CPU's roughly as good, GPU too.
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum...4815&p=31#r615
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum...5989#r31625989
Not exactly conclusive, but I believe xsacha does some dev. work in this area.

It was quite common to get stable 66% OC for the N900.
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum...4815&p=34#r667
I reckon we can easily expect at least 20% stable OC for the N9.
So the performance advantage will be closed there...

Not sure how well the N900's DSP/GPU overclocked, or if too many bothered.
It was being done for the N900's DSP recently for H264 720p playback (base).
But at stock, 800 has a better CPU is correct, yes.

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-10-27 at 19:04.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Yes, n9-apps is finally alive!!!
http://n9-apps.com/
http://n9-apps.com/welcome/

*edit*
Hmm, fairly simple/sparse, but solid start I guess.
I'm signed-up and I don't even have a N9 yet

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-10-28 at 09:49.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Laying on my bed, watching youtube using cutetube, watching/listening this and the video on the N9 screen looks absolutely amazing, sound quality with N9 + Sennheiser IE7 is jaw dropping, N9 feels like one of the most compact devices i have ever owned and the UI looks drop dead cool when you are swiping away from the video.

Just how much even cooler all this could have been if this strategy would have been followed till the end and all the money now poured in to WP, would have been for MeeGo or Maemo.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 568 | Thanked: 969 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
Just how much even cooler all this could have been if this strategy would have been followed till the end and all the money now poured in to WP, would have been for MeeGo or Maemo.
This is an eternal thought for me.

Ah well, having an N9 is a hell of a lot better than a kick in the teeth.

It's been a little over 24 hours now and I'm loving it.

Notice how much this thread has calmed down now the 20-30 of us who are probably the most vocal fanatics have acquired an N9?

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to shallimus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by shallimus View Post
This is an eternal thought for me.
Tell me about it. I walked into the AT&T store to grab a micro-SIM, and they have this humongous banner behind the support desk - "iPhone 4S", "Introducing Siri" etc.

Of course a good part of the iPhone's popularity is going to come from word of mouth, but I think that inevitably you have a lot of people who come into a store and in-retail advertising like that is going to produce a pretty big response. If that banner was advertising the N9 instead (I'm half-seriously thinking of going back, taking a photo, and then photoshopping it), they could have had massive retail response.

Of course, there already is a massive retail response, in the few retail markets it's in. Sigh...

The Following User Says Thank You to solatic For This Useful Post:
Did they object to giving you a micro sim at all?

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
looks like nokia stock has raised a bit latest week. but i am sure it will drop again. i did buy when the was around lowest. ad soon as it falls again I will sell and buy the white or magenta because i think better invest money on yet another n9 than nokia as company as long as the board is hijacked by Microsoft fanboys...

Originally Posted by unfuccwittable View Post
Did they object to giving you a micro sim at all?
Nope. I showed them the N9, took out the microSIM tray, and said something to the effect of "Look, I bought this abroad, and I'm already a subscriber, I just need to transition from the normal SIM card that's in the phone I was using to a microSIM for the new phone I just bought." The rep goes in the back, grabs a microSIM, even puts it in the tray for me, does his thing in the computer, watches me put the tray back into the N9, and it works.

Now, the rep did not want to sell me the $15/month unlimited data plan for dumbphones, because he saw the N9 was a smartphone. But he still tried to get it working. It apparently didn't work (he said the system showed the test usage I ran as pay-per-MB), so I'm going to call AT&T customer support tomorrow.

My 64 GB black arrived from whymobile.com today, so they are legit. I'll go update with the specifics in the gerbick's group-buy thread.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Drekkie For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????