I posted this in the other thread, thought I would do it here as it seems more apropos. 64GB N9 from Negri (StarHub).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to godofcookery For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,196 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by SamGan View Post
stephan, the material of the body is not plastic it is polycarbonate and the color is not painted on, it is that color throughout.

Maybe you'll like to google for the difference between plastic and polycarbonate.
Dear Samgan, thanks for pointing that out. I am aware it is PC.

I am not saying the color is painted on but painting on PC is my daily business (DVD manufacturing)

Putting the color inside the PC gives it that cheap plastic look in my opinion.
Nokia is sure happy to save an expensive coating procedure. By dropping industrial design - polycarbonate to the marketing boys.

Remember the alu N8? At closer look: some Alu in the middle, coated plastic at the ends (yes I know, antennas, but the marketing....)
Sorry if the expression sounde popular.

PC is a commodity that sells (last time I checked) at around 0,75 usd/kg for the clear pellets.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by anis_ber View Post
Im waiting for N9 from malaysia: do you know what kind of plug it comes with? what kind of plug adapter I should get?
For Malaysia the N9 charger comes with a British style 3 pin plug with flat pins. But voltage in Malaysia is 240V so be careful there.
Attached Images

In the end it is really plastic, so why does it cost so much, has always been my question.

The Following User Says Thank You to hotnikkelz For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by hotnikkelz View Post
In the end it is really plastic, so why does it cost so much, has always been my question.
Nokia has always been overpriced to us yankees for the N-series. It's a Nokia premium you're paying.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Drekkie View Post
My 64 GB black arrived from whymobile.com today, so they are legit. I'll go update with the specifics in the gerbick's group-buy thread.

where are you from? are you from Singapore or US?

If you are from US...did they charge extra to ship to the US and did they automatic convert the prices?

Originally Posted by SamGan View Post
For Malaysia the N9 charger comes with a British style 3 pin plug with flat pins. But voltage in Malaysia is 240V so be careful there.

thanks for answering
voltage is 240 but adapter wont matter right, since N9 charger will most likely handle both 120 and 240
all what I need is a universal adapter

Last edited by anis_ber; 2011-10-28 at 05:03.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by hotnikkelz View Post
I think a few pages back someone alluded to why production would probably cost more than the 710/800.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
This is good news, good on your MS from holding the clubbing stick steady for a change
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...tem&px=MTAwNjY

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 291 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on May 2010 @ France
As I still don't have one and I am not very sure of that, can anyone confirm please that only last symbian phones allow the usb on the go, and not the N9 and lumia ? Thanks

Outch ! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9K9vV...layer_embedded

Last edited by dtergens; 2011-10-28 at 08:21.

The Following User Says Thank You to dtergens For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????