Posts: 658 | Thanked: 777 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Norway
I honestly prefer the new "top close" as its much more intuitive. Its the top of the device. How much simpler does it get .

The Following User Says Thank You to slai For This Useful Post:
Posts: 39 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Innsbruck, Austria
Hey freaks,

after working with the n9 for the last 2 weeks I'm very impressed about both the stylish hardware (less is more) and the simple and smooth software :-) Keep MeeGo/Maemo alive!

If anybody has problems getting a 64 Gb version in his country a maybe can assist from austria.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RockOn_23 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
Originally Posted by shallimus View Post
Is it an old miniSIM? There are two styles of miniSIM (aka 'normal' SIM which you can cut down to microSIM size). The old miniSIM is the same size as the new-style miniSIM, but the gold contact area is bigger, and the 'brain' of the SIM is also bigger, so when I cut it down to microSIM size I killed it.

I fixed it by asking my network for a new-style miniSIM and cutting that down to microSIM size.
Yeah the trouble I was having was by going the legit way and asking my provider for one but apparently because os some update their network wasn't fully operational so I just cut it myself.

Originally Posted by RockOn_23 View Post
Hey freaks,

after working with the n9 for the last 2 weeks I'm very impressed about both the stylish hardware (less is more) and the simple and smooth software :-) Keep MeeGo/Maemo alive!

If anybody has problems getting a 64 Gb version in his country a maybe can assist from austria.
I'm interested. In US there are limited sellers and so far the choice is from Asian imports, but I'd rather get one made by the Finns. What sources could I turn to?

The Following User Says Thank You to dolphins For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by slai View Post
I honestly prefer the new "top close" as its much more intuitive. Its the top of the device. How much simpler does it get .
Go to your bed, lay down on your side, open twitter or facebook. It will show everything in portrait, while swipemanager detects that you are in landscape. Now you have to think "ow yeah, the phone isn't in portrait, although I'm reading in portrait.. so I have to swipe different then when I'm holding my phone in normal portrait mode"

Maybe it should be an option you can activate or not?

Hm cant you just turn it off and use swipemanager to set it to always be from the Nokialogo to end an app? Should feel more comfortable for you?

Personally, I havent had closeconfusion yet with the new closingsystem, but thats probably a subjective thing to like or dislike .

Thus an option would be good, unless you can just use swipemanager to solve it?

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Innsbruck, Austria
how can I check where my device is build? Also I'm 99% sure it is made in Finnland (written on the box) I'm interested to check it :-)

There are many in stock in Europe and they sell for 619 € (16 GB, all colours) and 678 € (64 GB Black)

Posts: 313 | Thanked: 247 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by RockOn_23 View Post
how can I check where my device is build? Also I'm 99% sure it is made in Finnland (written on the box) I'm interested to check it :-)

There are many in stock in Europe and they sell for 619 € (16 GB, all colours) and 678 € (64 GB Black)
You've answered your own question :-) label on box says where it is made. It is also printed on the back of MicroSIM tray.

Posts: 1,196 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by slai View Post

The only logical way is to define "top" as top of application not, the device.

But I would like to see an option to please everyone's taste.

It was good in PR1.0
Why they have to mess around with it this while there are more interesting ergonomics to implement?
Like "swipe to go back one level" instead of that back arrow.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Nope, the other logical way is the top of the device.

Yeah I agree, you mean swiping from the left = going back, swiping from right = move to background, top = close, bottom = something else, that kind of a deal?

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????