Active Topics

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
In his blog post i linked to, pretty sure he confirmed much more recently, that it's coming to PR1.2.
If I were you, I wouldn't be wasting your time reading through this thread, if that's what you're doing?
It's mostly noise, and very outdated now... (sure search it for key words if you want)

There is no official release date yet, I doubt it'd be later than June 2012.
They've been hinting at a much earlier date than expected, so possibly Feb?
But assume June, and then you won't be as disappointed.
As it gets much closer to the release date there'll be leaks.
Constant & increasingly solid ones, until we know that it's definitely coming.

IIRC = If I recall correctly

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-12-08 at 19:16.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
Omg this thread is still alive...

Posts: 411 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Cambridge, UK
IIRC = If I Recall Correctly.

Konttori hasn't replied to his blog commentators for weeks. I wonder what's wrong. Maybe Elop chewed him up about supporting N9?

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
So has this thing come out yet really? It seems to be trickling out in very, very small numbers but I'm not sure it seems "available" anywhere.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Dan... of course it is, you know that...
It's been out in a dozen+ countries for sometime, it's still rolling out to new ones, & is ultimately going to 30odd.
If you'd been following MNB or other Nokia news sites, you'd have gotten a solid (verified) picture of that by now.
The roll-out has been somewhat dodgy in Australia IMO (long story), but each launch country is very different.
You can't just summarize it all as; "the same pattern".

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-01-02 at 10:14.

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
So has this thing come out yet really? It seems to be trickling out in very, very small numbers but I'm not sure it seems "available" anywhere.
In Germany, where the phone was never officially launched by Nokia, you can buy it from Amazon for the same price as the Lumia 800 (in the black version) -> 429 €

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Dan... of course it is, you know that...
It's been out in a dozen+ countries for sometime, it's still rolling out to new ones, & is ultimately going to 30odd.
If you'd been following MNB or other Nokia news sites, you'd have gotten a solid (verified) picture of that by now.
The roll-out has been somewhat dodgy in Australia IMO (long story), but each launch country is very different.
You can't just summarize it all as; "the same pattern".
So why are there so many people in the threads complaining about being able to get them?
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Majority would be folks in countries where it's not officially available.
I've listed them for you before, there's approx. 9 economies, most are very large/influential.
But I wouldn't be surprised if it does start to get "thin on the ground", in coming mths, in many launch countries.
That's all part of their plan to make their WP handsets far more successful in the eyes of shareholders/public.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-01-03 at 10:34.

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Isn't the N9 available in many more countries than the Lumia 800, which currently appears to be sold in Europe only (it doesn't even support all the frequency bands for worldwide sale)?

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????