Active Topics

Poll: Is your N9 in open mode?
Poll Options
Is your N9 in open mode?

i dont know, if my problem related to faster N9 or not, i cant share photo to FB, i did uninstall it, still, cant share, version 1.0.0,

i flashed my phone

need a Guest House for temporary stay at Malaysia?
PM me

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by baem90 View Post
i dont know, if my problem related to faster N9 or not, i cant share photo to FB, i did uninstall it, still, cant share, version 1.0.0,

i flashed my phone
Are you trying to share from a directory that is hidden i.e. has a "." in front of it like .downloads?

This is the must have mod for every n9. The lag on my phone is greatly reduced if not gone all together. One unique side effect of installing faterN9 on my N9’s (I now have two ) is that it resolves the issues I have with media indexing. I’ve documented my findings in this thread… http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=87409 … this was one of my biggest grumbles with the n9 and fastern9 seems to have resolved it - thank you. For that reason alone I have made a small donation to your developer funds. Keep up the great work. Cheers

Last edited by sts1976; 2012-10-28 at 12:13.

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on May 2012 @ INDIA
I have overclocked ma n9 to 1.3ghz, is it advisable to install fastern9 alongwith it? will it speedup ma n9 further? or will it affect ma device? pls guide

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 120 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Vienna, Austria
do it! mine is running at 1350mhz with fastern9, smooth as butter! fastern9 makes a bigger difference than oc, imo.

edit: and give qtweak kk-8 a try!

Last edited by dommau; 2012-10-29 at 07:58.

The Following User Says Thank You to dommau For This Useful Post:
Posts: 118 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on May 2012 @ INDIA
Originally Posted by dommau View Post
do it! mine is running at 1350mhz with fastern9, smooth as butter! fastern9 makes a bigger difference than oc, imo.

edit: and give qtweak kk-8 a try!
what exactly this qtweak kk-8 mod does?

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 120 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Vienna, Austria
it changes the lower threshold if the scaling frequency to 600 or 800mhz (you can choose), the default is 300mhz. i don't really notice the difference in battery consumption, but it is another little bit snappier.
try it out to see if it makes a difference for you!

The Following User Says Thank You to dommau For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by BananaOnDrugs View Post
Well this is one awesome app. Almost all of the lag is gone.
Now the only thing I've noticed is that the radio(the one from the music store) starts to stutter badly when I use the phone. Playes perfectly when in standby mode. Then I unlock and there's a stutter. I remove the wallpaper and again. Change homescreens and there it is. I don't know if it's caused by fastern9 as I only started using the radio recently but figured I should post it.
Anyway thanks for the great app.
EDIT:using the stable 1.0 version.
I too have this problem with both 1.0.0 and 1.1.0. Removing FasterN9 cures the problem. When scrolling through settings pages it was constantly causing skipping in music, as did the waking the phone up.

I didn't notice any other problems in my daily use and the phone UI was definitely smoother with FasterN9. (I suppose that the original cgrouping has more multitasking in mind.)

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ SP-Brasil
Originally Posted by Manatus View Post
I too have this problem with both 1.0.0 and 1.1.0. Removing FasterN9 cures the problem. When scrolling through settings pages it was constantly causing skipping in music, as did the waking the phone up.

I didn't notice any other problems in my daily use and the phone UI was definitely smoother with FasterN9. (I suppose that the original cgrouping has more multitasking in mind.)
Strange because I had very guagueira the audio while surfing through pages before FasterN9. With him only thing I noticed is that when the 3G signal is bad and I try to open several pages, the music player pauses. Otherwise smooth as butter lol.

The only audio issue I have had is with Qspot. If I have the widget on the event feed enabled while playing and swiping away from the event page the music stutters a bit. Not sure if it's Faster N9 related at all though since I have not uninstalled it and compared.