Notices

NEW RELEASE OF SMSCON AVAILABLE SOON

smscon 0.9.12-1 has been queued for loading into fremantle extras-devel repository

Changes:
  • FIX: A changed GPS interval setting was first accounted for after daemon restart.
  • CHANGE: In tracking mode, use GPS coords even if accuracy is unknown (this is better than no coords et all).
  • ADD: Use coordinates information from mobile phone cell as well.
  • ADD: The COM_POWER command now reports more information than just battery power:
    • Power (battery state in percent with charge++ or discharge-- info)
    • Keyboard (keyboard slider state)
    • Device orientation (interpreted accelerator values)
    • Ambient light (brightness value in lux)
    • Proximity sensor (open/close),
    • Screen lock state
    • Device lock state
    The information is send very close-packed and abreviated, so depending on the
    phone's hostname, all this information may fit into one single SMS.
  • FIX: Logfile anonymizer does no longer treat floats as IPv4 addresses.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yablacky For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Don't take it as self-advertising, but, i think that ideal solution for this dillema is to use TrueCrypt. Having personal things (passwords, photos, documents, whatever) in protected container or partition, ensures that upon restart (to replace SIM by thief) encrypted container is unmounted (= non-decryptable without entering TrueCrypt password/keyfile). This way - if prepared in secure way by responsible 'legit user' - it's 100% safe to tick "disable lock code on new sim inserted''. We got possibility to communicate with our phone, without risking to compromise private files.

/Estel
In theory you are right especially since there are ways (published in this forum) to bypass the lock.

In practice though one will need to show us how to boot from an encrypted partition..

In TrueCrypt thread, i pointed out link to another thread ( ) with TrueCrypt advanced 'tricks' on N900, like booting from encrypted partition.

Yet, it's unrelated here, as I've been talking "only" about using encrypted partition (dedicated, not system one) as storage for private files. Also, using few commands, (see TrueCrypt thread again) one can put phonebook etc. to encrypted partition, and symlink it to place, where Maemo suspect them to sit normally. This way, all is achieved without encrypting system partition (encrypting whole system, IMO, isn't best thing to do in case of our device, performance-wise - yet, of course, perfectly achievable).

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
i want to go back to older version of smscon i found 0-7-2

here

https://garage.maemo.org/frs/?group_id=1848

but there smscon editor is not 0-7-2 i found 0-7-3

would it be compitable with smscon 0-7-2 ????

get your smooth live wallpaper today
My YouTube videos

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by nicholes View Post
i want to go back to older version of smscon i found 0-7-2

here

https://garage.maemo.org/frs/?group_id=1848

but there smscon editor is not 0-7-2 i found 0-7-3

would it be compitable with smscon 0-7-2 ????
Switch off devel and testing repositories; then you will have the stable versions: smscon 0.7-2 and smscon-editor 0.7-4

You can install them from the application manager.
Before you downgrade make sure you purge your current installations.

The Following User Says Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nicholes View Post
i got these three warnings for the first time when i update smscon

than i reset my email sever(it was missing) and closed smscon after making some mroe changes
keyboard slider moves is the only notification i recieved since i have enable them and yes i can disable them but i want them to send sms when someone change the SIM (so i have to enable them perposly) i dont know why smscon sends sms without changing the SIM
im having the same three warnings

Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
Originally Posted by saponga View Post
Code:
apt-get remove --purge smscon-editor
apt-get remove --purge smscon
then reinstall with HAM.[/QUOTE]

get your smooth live wallpaper today
My YouTube videos

Originally Posted by saponga View Post
I can reproduce it now. Will be fixed in next version of smscon + smscon-editor.

Background info: It happens if there is at least one config settings with invalid value. Version 0.7 does not complain much about that when editing... but nevertheless may fail when trying to work using invalid values later.

Last edited by yablacky; 2012-01-10 at 20:33.

The Following User Says Thank You to yablacky For This Useful Post:
NEW VERSION SMSCON 0.9.13-1 RELEASED SOON

smscon 0.9.13-1 has been queued for loading into fremantle extras-devel repository

Changes:
  • FIX: package preinstall does not write smscon.log if the file did not exist before.
  • FIX: Empty phone number, email addresses, hostnames, URIs etc. are now allowed in settings. This hopefully fixes problems when upgrading from older smscon versions. The corresponding functions will of course not work if empty.
  • FIX: If settings value is invalid, offer human readable error message (instead regular expression text).

Note that for complete fix of upgrade problems the next version of smscon-editor is required as well.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to yablacky For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by yablacky View Post
[*]FIX: Empty phone number, email addresses, hostnames, URIs etc. are now allowed in settings. This hopefully fixes problems when upgrading from older smscon versions. The corresponding functions will of course not work if empty.
Is it now possible to *not* use master number? honestly, I would like to control my device from any other phone, if correct secret command is sent - without noticing any arbitrary master number, when I change my SIM to not authorized one etc. Currently, I'm using my own number, but, in case of thievery, it wouldn't be fun to inform thief about SIM being replaced Also, I do not want to use number of my relatives, to not spam them with messages, if I accidentally change SIM to not authorized one. Controlling device from any phone with correct command suit my needs already.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2012-01-12 at 00:21.