Active Topics

hey juicemee after a very long time i'm sure the problem wasn't with the kernel everytime i flash a kernel ( which i don't have to do thanks to ubiboot)

it takes about half and hour to locate and then after instantly not sure why ! :0

also this is probably the wrong place but with nitdroid when i enter my ssdi and passwords (which is wpa) it says failed to connect would you happen to know why if not then all is well !

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Released ubiboot-02 (integrated) version, rev. 0.3.6. minimal
Thanks juiceme, that solved the problem. Just got Sailfish running on my N9

The Following User Says Thank You to cthorell For This Useful Post:
First of all, hello everyone!

I'm interested in differences in charging between ubiboot and factory harmattan.

I've found some informations here:

http://wiki.maemo.org/Ubiboot#Charging

Charging

Ubiboot handles rtc and usb events to boot up device from power off state:

a) to Ubiboot telnet console (when connected to PC USB), device will not be charged.

b) to configured default kernel (harmattan) to charge (when connected to wall charger).

c) to configured default kernel (harmattan) to trigger alarm.

"Case a" works flawlessly.

"Case b" sometimes does not work, but reboots and then starts up Ubiboot console/screen (not charging).

"Case c" needs some precondition. Make sure you have shutdown your device from Harmattan. Otherwise the alarm may not be triggered in NITDroid or will not be triggered in Nemo.
So let's transform this into real world scenario. Is it possible to brick the phone because of battery run out and ubiboot won't charge them by simply plug a wall charger? By bricking the phone I also mean a situation when phone won't get up by itself and there is a need for some emergency tricks.

The Following User Says Thank You to neph For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by neph View Post
I'm interested in differences in charging between ubiboot and factory harmattan.

So let's transform this into real world scenario. Is it possible to brick the phone because of battery run out and ubiboot won't charge them by simply plug a wall charger? By bricking the phone I also mean a situation when phone won't get up by itself and there is a need for some emergency tricks.
Yes, it is possible to run out of charge, but I wouldn't reallt say it's bricked, as procedure for charging exists (flasher)

It's possible to do also, for example if you select an OS menu entry and after that leave it there, without booting to a kernel. The device will run out of battery in a few hours.

I am thinking of the charging scheme, but have not yet really found a simple solution

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
after flashing ubiboot kernel I get:
no boot menu script found..
ubiboot-02.menu.cpio and ubiboot.conf are already in /home/user/MyDocs/boot

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Ta76eem View Post
after flashing ubiboot kernel I get:
no boot menu script found..
ubiboot-02.menu.cpio and ubiboot.conf are already in /home/user/MyDocs/boot
Check that the name of the CPIO file is correct in the ubiboot.conf file. (key G_UBIBOOT_ARCHIVE)

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
it is the same as the file in /home/user/MyDocs/boot

they both have the same file name

Originally Posted by Ta76eem View Post
they both have the same file name
Hmm. Which exactly is the error message, is it "Boot menu archive not found!" or is it "Boot menu script not found!"

Can you post what gets written in your /home/user/MyDocs/boot/ubiboot.log ?

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Hmm. Which exactly is the error message, is it "Boot menu archive not found!" or is it "Boot menu script not found!"

Can you post what gets written in your /home/user/MyDocs/boot/ubiboot.log ?
it is Boot Menu Script not found
no ubiboot.log was created