Posts: 354 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ New York
Linus Torvalds saying, "Gnome seems to be developed by interface nazis..."

LOL that was too much.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by allnameswereout View Post
Just like your buddy GA.
Yes, because you totally know my background.

I was a computer lab assistant in high school for 3 years (which basically involves helping people do simple things with computers for 40 minutes a day), and worked the infodesk at a bookstore for another (overlapping) 4, which is about as generic a help desk as they come.

Please, keep your assumptions and your cultural ******** out of discussions in which they aren't relevant.

Last edited by GeneralAntilles; 2008-10-28 at 17:28.

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by xxM5xx View Post
We get it....
I don't think you get it.

"choice" isn't in your vocabulary.
It is, but choice isn't the holy grail.

You also don't think your computer should have serial or parallel ports (you said so)
Indeed. Know why? Cause I use USB <-> RS232, and because my printer uses USB / ethernet as well. Just because some ancient Alpha has to communicate over RS232 doesn't mean my PC needs it. Converters are useful.

and your TV should not have more than one way for video to get in (you don't want Svideo or other connectors on it).
Wrong. My Philips has a small panel on the right which includes S-Video. But I can hide it by default, only open it when I have to. Its also on the side. Don't have to get behind the TV to connect S-Video cable.

You hate having choices to make
Sometimes.

take away ports (your idea of a future NiT would have no USB port, right?).
???

Yours would be a Cray with 4 RS232, 2 RS432, 8 USB ports, 2 ethernet, 1 DVI-D, 1 VGA. Because choice is good... (****, I forgot HDMI.)

Buy a new remote control.
Simple thoughts from a simple mind. The remote controller (transmitter) wasn't at fault. Simply buying a replacement would have just wasted money and not solved the problem.

Or buy it in EU with a standard 3 years warranty.
Not an option.

No wait, you did neither, you bought a second hand device with no knowledge of its usage history, and you complain it doesn't work. Sherlock!
It was given to me, Sherlock.

But you're right. In Holland everybody rides a bicycle equipped with a little bell. Everyone eats cheese. A garden without a windmill is a golf terrain.
You forgot the part about wearing wooden shoes so walking in the mud isn't so uncomfortable. I have been across Holland....very muddy.

Too many buttons. They're actually banned here. The Dutch have a too low IQ to handle 'em.
That would appear to be true by your admission.
Actually I love The Netherlands, and the people. I'd like to visit there again.

Last edited by xxM5xx; 2008-10-28 at 13:13.

I got a small bit of news for ya.... USB is a serial port.

Originally Posted by xxM5xx View Post
My feelings BELONG in any thread where the Future of the Internet Tablet is deliberated, especially once worshipers of the iPhone chime in.

If the iPhone is seen as something to aspire to, the future of NiT will die.

You want to break the iPhone (as a device) apart from this discussion and steer the conversation toward features instead....go ahead....iPhone loses there as well.

You mention religion.....I laugh.....Steve Jobs has minds like yours so distorted by his dogma, it is you who is the victim of some religious blindness. Svengali....if you don't know the meaning, look it up.

I see things as they are.... I believe you see things as they compare to the iPhone (your Holy Grail).

As I said earlier in this thread, if Nokia is to learn anything from Apple, it would be to pervert it's behavior into that of thieves, liars, and hype artisans. Apple has a rich history in all of it (the thefts, the lies, the hype without substance)...and you seem to worship them. I hope Nokia does NOT allow itself to be influenced by it...or by those like you.
Are you adding anything to the discussion or are you only content bashing iPhone and what you believe to be iPhone lovers ?

Everyone on this form is a IT lover and that why they are here.
But again most of them here are also open to seeing what is good elsewhere and admit it and debate it and discuss it, instead of trolling on inccesantly without adding a penny's worth to the actual discussion.

Also as a side note : I think you must be incredibly daft - to not understand the context of what is said and instead infer your own biased and assumed thoughts into people mind. Next time read the threads 2 times and if you still do not understand read it again. Believe me reading is a very good thing.

Last edited by nilchak; 2008-10-28 at 13:21.

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Pfff. Pissing contest? I meant RS232. The term serial port is usually used in reference to RS232 just like people use the term IDE in reference to PATA.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
*ding* may i suggest 5 min timeout?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tso For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nilchak View Post
Are you adding anything to the discussion or are you only content bashing iPhone and what you believe to be iPhone lovers ?

Everyone on this form is a IT lover and that why they are here.
But again most of them here are also open to seeing what is good elsewhere and admit it and debate it and discuss it, instead of trolling on inccesantly without adding a penny's worth to the actual discussion.
My views add to the discussion if those views address the Future of the Internet Tablet. Someone here says leave off the USB port. They say leave off buttons. They say look to Apple's products for guidance to the Future of NiT. I post counter points to those views. Sorry you fail to understand that much of what I contributed here IS related to the Future of the IT as I would like it to take shape.

Pfff. Pissing contest? I meant RS232. The term serial port is usually used in reference to RS232 just like people use the term IDE in reference to PATA.
No it is not.