Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 356 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ Madrid, Spain
http://openbossa.indt.org/canola2/ Yes Canola2 beta is out, just installed it on my N800 with the OS 2008 beta

Because of current Nokia repository "package update" issues I temporarily switched each repository off in application manager, then downloaded base and Canola2 via the above address and the install options at bottom of this page http://openbossa.indt.org/canola2/install.html

Its slow atm but it works

---edit1---

It has been suggested by the Canola team that those familiar with IRC should join Freenode and #canola and then user thoughts can be immediately digested by the team.

For IRC I am using xchat2 on my XP PC and found it very easy to get up and running.

A beta of xchat is also available for the N800 and chinook which seems to work well, download here

---edit2---

If you find any bugs or have enhancement ideas report them here

Last edited by MikeL; 2007-12-20 at 14:32.

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Finland
for 770 "coming soon". I sure hope they can make it before leaving for Xmas holidays

Can I download the .deb file somewhere else, please ?

The opinion on IRC is that:

<marcelo> Arin: yes.. it sucks, but I think the servers will go full ok soon, and everyone will be able to test it

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
I've been testing it a bit now and I've got to say that I'm impressed. Really nice stuff. It would be good if the default setup would assume image and music indexing from all locations.

A little bit jerky at times, but wonderful! Kudos INdT!

Oh my God, this application is so beautiful it makes me weep! Nice job, guys!

Is anyone else having trouble adding media? I have it watching my music folder but it doesn't seem to be picking anything up?

Posts: 472 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Texas
How the hell are you guys actually getting it to install? I'm on a dead-fresh install (no backup restore, just reinstalled the firmware and went straight to canola) and can't get anything other than a "installation file corrupted" on it.

Posts: 538 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Seattle
Any of you guys that already have the package, care to share? I believe the Canola servers are being hammered (as is everything else these days). I've been trying to grab the package for over an hour to no avail

AArrrgh, the download window just sits there doing nothing, it drives me crazy.....
Dont tell me you guys did not anticipate this tidlewave of download requests.....

Last edited by Dopehead.NL; 2007-12-20 at 15:17.

Closed Thread