Notices

Poll: Can you view flash videos on webpages after updating to pr 1.2? (Other than youtube)
Poll Options
Can you view flash videos on webpages after updating to pr 1.2? (Other than youtube)

A popular site! lol
But, not the only one with the same issue.

I've taken to trying to get flash working in firefox, but without any luck....

Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
Please let me clarify my solution from yesterday. The addition of the blocking file wont speed things up on those loaders that hit 1% then stop. You will need patience there, with xnxx (its the only one that people mentioned by name for me to test - don't judge me ), it can take 1 min or so of it sitting on 1% - then the player starts and it works fine.

I cant say why this is except there must be something waiting to be loaded in the background that is now a blocking process in the browser.

Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
Please let me clarify my solution from yesterday. The addition of the blocking file wont speed things up on those loaders that hit 1% then stop. You will need patience there, with xnxx (its the only one that people mentioned by name for me to test - don't judge me ), it can take 1 min or so of it sitting on 1% - then the player starts and it works fine.

I cant say why this is except there must be something waiting to be loaded in the background that is now a blocking process in the browser.
hosts you mentioned worked great for me. thanks. But anyway there is something stupid with pr1.2. I had flash workign just fine with no ad blocking on pr1.1.1

I have never had adblock installed before or after 1.2, OR before or after bbc iplayer started being funny.

Tried putting that hosts file in there, no change.

Maybe something that was installed by some and not others?
Will try and work out what I downloaded round about when it stopped working and see if that does it.
Only thing I can remember at the moment was wifi switcher, but that doesn't sound like it would be the problem. I'll uninstall stuff and see if anything works.

PS if you CAN get it to workFare you on global or uk firmware. I'm on uk

On the bbc iplayer problem, the iphone has no flash but can use bbc's iplayer, is there not a way to dupe the sever and get access to the iphone feed?

Nokia did promote the N900 as having a full version of flash and not the moble flashlite, now less than 6 months after its release it is not compatable with allot of flash content, should Nokia not support its customers and sort this problem?

The Following User Says Thank You to Primal For This Useful Post:
It would be nice to think so.

Given that they have sold so few n900s, they could probably take the time to visit us in person, lol.

BTW no wifi switcher here

Originally Posted by Primal View Post
On the bbc iplayer problem, the iphone has no flash but can use bbc's iplayer, is there not a way to dupe the sever and get access to the iphone feed?

Nokia did promote the N900 as having a full version of flash and not the moble flashlite, now less than 6 months after its release it is not compatable with allot of flash content, should Nokia not support its customers and sort this problem?

I've uninstalled KM Player which has some flash content albeit nothing in common with the browser (I guess) and also extra codecs, still nothing.. Will keep on uninstalling stuff to see if anything conflicts with it.

no luck with me yet either. uninstalled loads of stuff but still the same.

Must be something the BBC has done. making 'improvements' no doubt.

i was using iplayer quite happily earlier. you need to use the pop out player option though

EVRYONE knows about the pop out. I think I might even have been the first one to discover it made things a whole lot better months ago. Several posts in this thread have also mentioned it. It is very weird that some people can still get it to work, wheras it has stopped working for others.

Has anyone managed to figure out why the little bbc advert/ident plays fine, but then the video pauses there, while the audio continues? If flash was not working we wouldn't see that.

I'm going to get on to the bbc about it now and see what they say.