Active Topics

Posts: 874 | Thanked: 316 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ London UK
Just imagine what happens when you do buy and there is a problem?

Don't ask, do yourself a favour and buy elsewhere. Nokia UK is the pits.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Have to agree with Rebski.

And Nokia USA doesn't look much better -they only list two accessories on their store (nav kit and a spare battery). God knows who thought it was a good idea to put the case in Tableteer when their supply chain is so fcked up - way to go Nokia, how to make yourself look even more incompetent than we already knew you were.

Roll on some true MID competition - I highly doubt I'll bother with a Nokia "N900" when it's such an uphill struggle to deal with Nokia on even the most basic terms.

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
I got my case, red version, today (actually it arrived at my parent's house a bunch of days ago).
I just put it on. In the afternoon I'll try to post some picture on-line and what I think about it.
Questions about it ?

PS: I love the leather smell when new, it's a shame it'll go away.

hmm.... just perfect I might order one my self too

The large magnet goes to my cars dashboard. Then I can hang my n800 in it while using maemo mapper and such.

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
Don't you think that putting all the weight of the tablet on the battery cover isn't such a great idea? Ok, it isn't too flimsy, but it isn't too solid either, especially the latch.

I still have to take pictures, but just wanted to say something about the two magnets.
I think I will never use the magnet. Not just because I don't want to stick them on whatever surface, but because they seem not to hold the n800 at all.
I tried holding one of them with my fingers and I have attached the n800 to it.
It slipped.
The n800 is just too heavy. It didn't fall down, but won't stay steady.

I did remove the small plastic layer that was covering the small think metal plate that was later sticked on the n800 battery cover, I don't know if it's goal was to have some rubber between the metal plate and the magnet, but it just didn't look as something you have to leave there.

PS: I did remove the cover itself of course.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Not a Nokia Official Case though, is it?

Oh, I see you've also started two other threads for the sole purpose of discussing "your" case which you apparently sell through your web site.

SPAM! Sigh. Maybe if you'd posted just the once in the correct thread you could have gotten away with it...

Very late, but here we go with the pictures of the red version of the case:

http://picasaweb.google.com/anidel/NokiaN800

Posts: 1,878 | Thanked: 646 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ San Jose, CA
In the one picture, where it's just the back of the N800 with a metal plate on it:

Does the case attach via gluing a metal plate to the back cover of the N800, and then sticking to the plate magnetically?

Or does it replace the N800's back plate with one that has a metal plate on it?

Originally Posted by johnkzin View Post
In the one picture, where it's just the back of the N800 with a metal plate on it:

Does the case attach via gluing a metal plate to the back cover of the N800, and then sticking to the plate magnetically?

Or does it replace the N800's back plate with one that has a metal plate on it?
No replacement.
They provide you a metal plate with 3M glue on one side (you remove a sticker and press the plate face with the glue onto the cover)..

Then, as you said, everything sticks magnetically.

I'll provide a picture of the leather case alone and a picture of the n800 attached to one of the metallic plates they give you (to show you that it DOES NOT hold steady).