Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
UK UPDATE NOW AVAILABLE OTA!

Just appeared in last couple of minutes for me via my wifi connection.

installed via fapman with 58.6M rootfs (have preenv installed; no conflict). After upgrade, some fapman catalog settings look wrong - you'll need to manually change them to match the new HAM ones before using it again I think (do a search, I think there's one or more hreads about that on TMO).

EDIT - 1st impression is that the browser is much faster at rendering a page ... I'm no longer getting the annoying (lack of) progress bar oscillating back and forward for 5 seconds before page load. That alone (and also a noticable improvement in modest's speed) make me a happy bunny before I check out anything else :-)

If you buy a niche, highly modifiable smartphone and proceed to mess it up by blindly screwing around, don't just blame the phone, also blame yourelf.

Last edited by Pigro; 2010-11-03 at 11:24.

So do you have to do a pcsuite back up as I did one on the phone to my SD card prior to trying to update but it still prompted me to connect up phone to pcsuite and create back up.

Originally Posted by rash.m2k View Post
libgles1-sgx-img seems to be a system application rather than an installed app.

removing that without knowing what you are doing is risky.
Also failing OTA update as it says I have to use PC Suite & USB cable - which I've been avoiding for that couple of days as don't want to wipe the phone af all apps.

I installed libgles1-sgx-img as part of getting Preenv and NFSUC working, so assume removing it might be OK. And you can always re-install it after PR1.3 upgrade. Creating Backups on phone and Ovi Suite in any case (better be safe than sorry).

I just got the notification for the OTA update....
However after I select Update,I get the message..

To Update your device to this version of the operating system you must use Nokia PC suite on your PC.
Connect the device to your PC via a USB cable and launch application.
I did Connect My phone and When I try to Update via PC suite,it tells me N900 is not fully supported!

Some assistance Please guys

Last edited by cybermae; 2010-11-03 at 12:28.

Sounds like you need to upgrade to latest version of pcsuite.

Originally Posted by cybermae View Post
I just the notification for the OTA update....
However after I select Update,I get the message..

I did Connect My phone and When I try to Update via PC suite,it tells me N900 is not fully supported!

Some assistance Please guys
I was getting same messages, removed libgles1-sgx-img (library for NFSUC and Preenv) and now the OTA update works (downloading right now). Just an idea, something you can check on yours.

Originally Posted by ikirk View Post
I was getting same messages, removed libgles1-sgx-img (library for NFSUC and Preenv) and now the OTA update works (downloading right now). Just an idea, something you can check on yours.
Thanks Mate...btw I just started downloading OVI suite....Wouldn't it be better to simply Update VIA OVI suite?

Any reasons to prefer OTA update?

Just installed it onto my phone and now it's messed up!!!

The screen is just BLACK, it switches on but the buttons for the menu is just purple/pink and there are NO icons whats so ever when I press it, just letters for all the apps! If I try to open an APP is just crashes and shutsdown!

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ North-west, UK
Originally Posted by cybermae View Post
Thanks Mate...btw I just started downloading OVI suite....Wouldn't it be better to simply Update VIA OVI suite?

Any reasons to prefer OTA update?
OTA won't wipe your settings. The error message just means you either don't have enough room, or there is a conflicting app. In both cases just remove some apps, esp. any from extras-devel or extas-testing.

OTA also means 'over WiFi', so go and stand outside a coffee shop for 10 minutes or something :-)

See also http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...6&goto=newpost