Active Topics

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
i have been using the method of putting chinook in the nokia repos when i update diablo installing the old map then deleting chinook from the repos...i just went to do it again and when i go to install the old map software i cant find it....can anyone else confirm if theyve removed it? if so, how can i get the old map software?

Thanks!!!!

Hi,
you can simply set your clock back to the beginning of your trial period.
And it's also possible to fake only the date for navicore, so ur systems shows correct date and time. "Simply" compile libfaketime (in scratchbox), set the faketime to the start of ur trial. and voila! I am currently twiddling how I can start a program from the menu with passing the LD_PRELOAD var. (replace the original bin with a script?)

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Well i made a script for that and you can just execute that from a panel. Some panels allow that, like the cpu panels.

I used fakeif on Chinook before, and this worked fine. But now when I use fakeif it doesn't seem to work anymore. When I use ifconfig it returns an incorrect MAC address, and when I use ip link it lists the real MAC address. Macchanger still works tho.

Libfaketime didn't work for me, and neither did going back in time.

BTW, I don't even have a credit card and I never will, so I can't even buy the goddamn thing.

the new version also checks the mac in the cal settings:

/sys/devices/platform/wlan-omap/cal_mac_address

Originally Posted by tme View Post
the new version also checks the mac in the cal settings:

/sys/devices/platform/wlan-omap/cal_mac_address
good to know, so a script is still possible...

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Another reason i'd like to reverse cal...

But this seems to be handled in sysfs, maybe a kernel patch?

regarding setting it so that only navicore reads the beginning of your trial date... can you post exact instructions on how to do this? never done anything like that before so i need a precise walkthrough. id greatly appreciate it.

I won't give a step by step guide for "cracking" s.th....
I just wanted to post the idea, which worked good for me and is imho much better than the original one.
Everything one needs to know for that I've posted previously.

Btw:
Map seems to keep the license, even if its expired. I once set my date to the start of the trial, but accidental one month later. Setting it to the correct date worked again.

And remember: If you work in the time it takes to set up this solution, you could buy wayfinder for a few years.

Tags
customers?, middlefinger