Notices

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by qole View Post
Ok, I found it. But your app stubbornly refuses to remember that I like "wide-and-low". If it remembered my preference, I'd be happy.

EDIT: Oh, and if you make a settings file, maybe have a "start fullscreen" setting too?
Okay, new version 2.1 that does the above is out. Test and thumb, thank you.

Have you found a way to reduce the frames-per-second? Cutting the fps to 15 would probably improve the image dramatically, at the expense of some real-time motion responsiveness... Maybe another setting?
I tried lowering framerate, no noticeable image quality improvement

The Following User Says Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
What about decreasing overall resolution? 320x240 (or whatever the actual resolution should be) might hide the noise better than 640x480...?

Lowering resolution does not help image quality (only speed, the current 'default' seems to be a dumb n-th pixel readout) - unless I do it in software, with some sort of median/denoising filter. Or maybe figure out how to make a darkframe without bothering the user... (if you cover the camera with your finger you'll see there are plenty of hot pixels). At this point, though, I'd rather wait for final firmware and implement improvements based on that.

The Following User Says Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 243 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ silicon valley
A serious suggestion:

People say that symmetry is what leads to beauty. Taking art I recall that we were supposed to look at our pictures in mirrors to make sure they were balanced.

I suggest being able to draw a line at an arbitrary point in the picture and have one side or the other mirrored along that line. Additionally, make the mirror semi-transparent (0 to 100 or whatever) so that one side of your face is superimposed on the other. Could be useful for makeup, either as a comparison or as a guide when you have done one side of your face and not the other.

Interesting idea, but I'm afraid that surpasses my current GTK/GStreamer skills - volunteers welcome !

BTW Mirror is now officially part of extras (=available to the general public, not just testers).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Anyone with a 42-11 (=release) firmware ? I'd like to hear if the image quality is any better compared to the Summit 41-10's and confirm the demise of the right-side dark band.

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Redstone Canyon, Colorado
Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
Anyone with a 42-11 (=release) firmware ? I'd like to hear if the image quality is any better compared to the Summit 41-10's and confirm the demise of the right-side dark band.
Sorry to tell you, but image quality still sucks and the band is still there. This is due to the firmware, not your program (as you well know).

It does the same thing in mplayer. Example (from my old mirror script for Eee):

Code:
mplayer \
        -fs \
        -v \
        -fps 25 \
        -nosound \
        -ao null \
        -nojoystick \
        -nolirc \
        -ontop \
        -framedrop \
        -stop-xscreensaver \
        -nocache \
        -vf-add mirror \
        -vf-add crop=640:380 \
        -vf-add hqdn3d \
        -noslices \
        -vo xv \
        -tv brightness=0:contrast=0:hue=0:saturation=-0:gain=0:device=/dev/video1 \
        tv://
None of the -tv options work on the front (mirror) camera. They work fine on /dev/video0 though.

-Jeff

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jebba For This Useful Post:
Do we know that the band on the front camera is actually do to firmware and not a hardware defect?

Originally Posted by bocaJ View Post
Do we know that the band on the front camera is actually do to firmware and not a hardware defect?
Yes, and nokia already has a fix internally.

i try to install mirror to my phone but it keeps telling me unable to install 'mirror' because CONFLICT WITHALLICATION PACKAGE: MAEMO 5..
can anyone show me how to install mirror to the phone.. thank you very much

Tags
beauty, brush, i'm so pretty, is that a booger?, makeup, mirror, vanity