Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by elie-7 View Post
guys stop saying that there is no digital compas, just DOWNLOAD COLUMBUS NAVIGATION TOOLKIT, IT HAS A FULL FULLSCREEN COMPAS....
It has no digital compass (magnetometer).

A full screen of (digitized) compass image is not the same thing.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
oops sorry guys for the misunderstanding, but the compas in columbus works great...
my fault .
btw wouldn't a magnometer mess up the phone, we know that the n900 doesn't like magnetic fields .

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
That I don't have an stock widget for my n900

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
wouldn't a magnometer mess up the phone, we know that the n900 doesn't like magnetic fields .
A magnetometer doesn't mess up the other phones that possess one. So it shouldn't mess up the N900, or any other Maemo/MeeGo based phone.

Posts: 76 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Romania
No much apps ...

8-phone services (no 3g video calling, ...)
I can do skype video calls over 3G.

Battery life is so so, but when on the road I pack an extra battery and a pack.

What I do not like:
Charging over usb only, I really miss the old nokia plug. Was much better on N95. Could charge both ways. Plug or USB.

The device is very shitty out of the box, and it really takes some time to have everything set up. If you are willing to invest the time, you will love this phone.

No Netflix support

I am actually watching Phoenix TV live stream right now with SBP TV. So there is some live TV.

But, I still love this phone, its a hobby, and it still does stuff other phones don´t. But you asked for the negatives only, so I won´t start about the good stuff.

Posts: 436 | Thanked: 298 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ England
see this post for the one thing that really really annoys me about the N900 ... and the sad thing is it appears it is impossible for anyone apart from Nokia to correct it!!! http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=65802

btw wouldn't a magnometer mess up the phone, we know that the n900 doesn't like magnetic fields .
A magnetometer measures magnetic fields, and it does its best not to create them.

I want bigger screen(but identical unit size)

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
If the screen ocupied the whole front area, were would you hide the speakers without making them even more puny?

Tags
english mf do, you speak it?