the email client is the same buggy, still unusable app. the project managers have told us that it is not a priority to fix it now, as well as adding PIM apps. they mentioned TinyMail and the GPE-suite for the mean time. it's a shame but at least they know about the problem and they will do something about it.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Modest apparently missed it's date for inclusion... maybe it will be ready by the time of the next (minor) firmware update.

Heres a good one.

The N810 comes with GPS and mapping software. Does Nokia expect users to pay more $$$ to unlock part of the mapping softwares functionality?

btw, the OS 2008 firmware will be available for the N800 too.

re maps, the maps come in full (us & canada or uk) depending on where you purchase the N810. it will be available too on the next firmware update for the N800 for free. The N810 even comes with a car mount in the box.

what's not free though is voice directions. it will be like $100+ to activate it.

Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
re maps, the maps come in full (us & canada or uk) depending on where you purchase the N810. it will be available too on the next firmware update for the N800 for free. The N810 even comes with a car mount in the box.

what's not free though is voice directions. it will be like $100+ to activate it.
Thats like the same silly BS that archos plays with its customers. Tell Nokia to reduce the price of it or just do away with it all together. Very annoying.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by Garage Battle View Post
Thats like the same silly BS that archos plays with its customers. Tell Nokia to reduce the price of it or just do away with it all together. Very annoying.
I disagree. I won't ever use the voice stuff, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't get the maps.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
I disagree. I won't ever use the voice stuff, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't get the maps.
Yeah, voice is not a priority for me.

Thanks for the info, Reggie.

Will the free part include route planning and turn-by-turn directions mapquest-style, without voice?

it's a shame but at least they know about the problem and they will do something about it.
Honestly, I'd rather they concentrate on the problems that the community hasn't worked around yet.

E.g. video performance, h.264 support, 3d hardware driver, etc.