Poll: What is your religion?
Poll Options
What is your religion?

Closed Thread
All I can say is no religion is 100% pure and devoid of evil.

Catholic Inquisition, Mormon Mountain Meadows Massacre, Muslim/Islamic Fundamentalists/Extremists...

Crazy people are just bloody crazy.. regardless of religion. Just some crazy people are able to get a bunch of idiots to follow said crazy person and do crazy crap.

Nobody can really claim a "higher" chair here. I've known plenty of good, decent people from all sorts of religions. I served in Iraq for 2 years and met plenty of Iraqi's that loved us over there.. for the most part they were no different than anyone else. Just a bunch of people that live in a country formally ruled by a cruel and malicious dictator; and now suffer at the hands of the remaining "extremists".

I agree with PB in that most of us here are Above-Average IQ; decent; hard working people that are perfectly fine as human beings .. and while you may attribute your "goodness" to your faith or religion that certainly doesn't mean the rest of us AREN'T "good" because we used an alternate method.

For the most part.. this forum has plenty of Fine folk and are not the problem in any of the respective religions (or lack there-of.) And as someone that has both lived in muslim areas and even OWN a Qur'an purchased IN a middle east country (it has both arabic and english translations side-by-side) and I have actually read it; and the King James Bible; I can say that there are plenty of perfectly fine Muslim people. The Qur'an has plenty of dark parts.. but it's not like Revelations had everyone smiling and loving life; or that God didn't send Joshua to slaughter a town (Jericho); including women and children.

Sure.. there's biblical justification for all the darker parts in both books.. but if you are to condemn one; you should condemn all; or none at all.

I'm more with the latter.. I don't condemn any of them flat out.. I just condemn the people that take it "too far"; so to speak.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Right.... Those enlightened and "Scientific" Christians who happened to have determined that Africans were somehow not human. Right, those " Peaceable Muslims" who ransacked North East Africa and then North West Africa, taking down Songhai which lead to the Jihadi wars that fed directly to the North Atlantic slave trade.

Both of whom owe the origins of their religions to the Egyptians yet spend an inordinate amount of time evil talking those very same people.

The problem here is that people simply don't want to own up to the "ish" that their religions condone and have condoned. Karel is right about the warfare ideology, I've read the research. You really can't argue when the right hand man of Mohammed is named the "sword of Islam" Nor can you argue when Mohammed is on record berrating his general for killing a king NOT because killing is wrong, but because the king had declared allegiance to Islam.

Personally I have issues with both Islam and Christianity because they are arrogant religions that deem that they have THE truth and that everybody else has to get with them or are deserving of some specialized punishment. It's arrogant and has claimed many victims across the globe.

I'm done.

And please.. enough of the "Abrahamic" nonsense:

http://garveys-ghost.blogspot.com/20...amic-what.html

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
It's apparent there are too many people who are just intollerant of others views. It's sad really. I never meant this to turn into an attack on Muslims or people of any faith. It was meant to be light, how many Jedi's or Linux prophet are running around. Yet some have decided its an opportunity to incite hate.

There are some people in here that just need to grow up, and look at themselves for opportunities for improvment.
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Originally Posted by Karel Jansens View Post
No, it wasn't beaten out. Christianity has been a very pro-science religion from the beginning (contrary to the asinine atheist propagancda fla°oating around), and Christians got rid of their extremists by themselves.
chatolics vs protestants? i didnt say it was a outside force that did the beating...

So we have to be nice to the ******ed muslims? I don't exactly recall that to be the party line against Hitler's atavistic fascism:
reductio ad hitlerum? also known as godwin's law?

You mean, like in Turkey? Oh wait...
maybe a bit further north. i have a uncle by marriage (or whatever the expression would be) thats you would not guess was muslim unless he basically told you so. he came to norway fleeing the civil war in what was yugoslavia.

not that anything out of taliban or similar would claim him to be a proper muslim. but then neither would some groups here in norway say that im a proper christian, so...

Why should the rest of the world accomodate these ******ed desert dwellers? They have to adapt to us, not the other way around.
i would say that sword swings both ways. "my way or the highway" style just ends up with broken noses and bruised egos, at best...

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
It's apparent there are too many people who are just intollerant of others views. It's sad really. I never meant this to turn into an attack on Muslims or people of any faith. It was meant to be light, how many Jedi's or Linux prophet are running around. Yet some have decided its an opportunity to incite hate.

There are some people in here that just need to grow up, and look at themselves for opportunities for improvment.
Instead of playing the hurt primadonna, you might have considered the consequences of starting a thread about people's most intimate convictions.

Or maybe you want me to start a "poll" on the number of homosexuals, or pedophiles, or serial killers in this forum? And subsequently complain that things have gotten a bit intense?

Personally I don't mind heated discussions, because they're just that: discussions. As long as noone flies planes into other people's buildings, only feelings can get hurt, and they're the easiest ones to mend. Besides, if you wanted that "happy happy, joy joy" feeling, what are you doing on the internet in the first place?

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post

heh, in hindsight i guess one should have seen the warning signs in the horizon...

Closed Thread

Tags
druid, eris, jedi, religion